44 | Watch Over Her (FINAL CH.)

_____________________________________
| Last Quick Talk |

You rebels, you scrolled

I saw that this chapter could have been with the last one, hence I decided to just publish it.
Yes, three updates in a week consecutively.
We end this strong.
_____________________________________

I watched Liam grin after we pulled away from our kiss and I couldn't help but laugh at how happy he was. He took my hand and pulled me to sit next to him on the bed. The two of us ended up chatting some more. I wanted to know how everyone was doing, what was going on outside right now, who took care of what. So far, it had only been a talk about my issues.

Yes, Jamie Lennon is back with first person POV. Y'all can hear me, hm? It's been a while.

I had a lot of things to do the moment I walked out my room. I had people to meet and issues to discuss. But right at that moment I noticed the man sitting to my left.

Liam Carter. I didn't know a man could be capable of keeping so many secrets, and that this man in particular was so deeply entangled into my story. The first time we met, it was enough to make me take an interest in him just because of his fake persona. Who would have thought three years down the road, we'd be in my room, shouting German in each other's faces?

A thought suddenly crossed my mind and made my chest tighten up uncomfortably.

What if.. we had never met?

I became grateful for him. I never realized how much Liam looked out for me, and I never took the time to myself to ask what I felt about him. Today, while pouring out my heart and recalling all the events, I asked myself what man would have stayed by my side after all the crazy things that had happened?

Certainly any man could say they would, but one actually did. He was there for everything. Maybe that was why I could rant on and on and not feel like he was half-listening. I trusted him and I was thankful. His words comforted me and his touch sent butterflies down my stomach. I lost my composure when he said sweet things to my face, and sometimes I want to dig myself in a hole at my uncool responses.

But was this love? I glanced over at Liam as he was looking at the carton of milk, I want to believe it was so. I can't imagine spending my life with any other Carter in this world.

"Hey," I started, getting him to turn his head in my direction.

"I.. can't express myself well."

"Yeah," Liam replied with a smile and raised eyebrows.

"I don't know how to be affectionate or make you happy."

"Yeah?" He laughed softly.

"If we have an argument I won't back down and no bribing can make me shut up."

"Yeah.." his response was slightly sarcastic, as if he begged to differ.

"We can't be seen together in public also."

".. Yeah." this time his voice was firm, like he was planning to change that policy.

"Plus a million other things.. are you sure you still want to go through with this?" I was asking the man sincerely as I maintained eye contact with him. I was scared to go into a relationship and lose it again.