41 | Chestin Did It

_____________________________________
| Quick Talk |

• @Xx_The_DarkShadow_xX Happy Birthday hun, you're one of the few most brightest and cheery commenters I've ever watched over, best wishes and much love,
Minna ♥

• *evil laugh* now you will know what Chestin did, it's not that dramatic but eh, I'll let you read now
_____________________________________

| Liam's POV |

"You'd go as far as using a voice changer to sound like Kai?"

"I'd do anything to get what I want," Isla sighed, sitting on the desk with her arms crossed. "So?" she raised her eyebrows at him, "Care to explain what's going on? You show up after three years of us trying to find you, and when we do you end up with the R.U."

Liam heaved a sigh as well and swung his head lazily towards the door to see if his other friend would make an appearance anytime soon. When Kai didn't pop into thin air like he had secretly hoped, he turned his attention back to Isla. "I should do this when the both of you are here. Bennet deserves an explanation too."

"Why can't I know first?"

"Isla." he told her off, frowning.

She scoffed quietly and scooted off the desk, walking over to him. Liam watched her silently until she stood before him, arms crossed over her chest. "Liam," she started, her eyes softening, "What happened between us? You used to tell me everything. You keep hiding things now. Why are you so distant?"

He placed a hand behind his neck and rubbed it gently, avoiding the woman's eyes. "Everyone has secrets they don't want to tell, Isla."

She tilted her head ever so slightly and frowned. "But what does that have to do with us? We've been a team for how long already, and you come back with bullshit like this? You expect me to believe you?"

"You won't believe me?" He tested, looking directly at her now. He reached for her hand but she flinched away, eventually relaxing and frowning at him clasping her hand in his palms. "Or you don't want to believe me?" he continued.

"I guess we could talk before Bennet shows up," His eyes softened, "Alright?"

Isla kept quiet and stared at him with questioning eyes. Finally, the woman let out a sigh and gave his hands a small squeeze before she pulled hers away. "What are we now?"

Liam was afraid it was going to come to this. But there shouldn't be a reason to avoid this anymore. He leaned back in his seat and ran a hand through his hair, looking around the room while trying to find words to say.

"We were a couple."

"'Were,'" Isla interjected, "past tense. What about in the present, Liam?"

He stayed silent and ran through a series of thoughts in his own mind. "It's been a while since we saw each other. Are we still together?" He directed the question back to her.

Isla eyed him cautiously. "I'd still like to think we are." Liam didn't cut in, and she realized it. A moment later she spoke up again.

❝But something changed, didn't it?❞

"I don't know entirely," Liam let out while looking to the side sharply, eyes narrowing, "I don't know."

"You do," the woman shot back at him, slamming her hand on the desk. The noise rang throughout the office as the two of them sat there suffocating within the tense atmosphere.