CHP.5 - Shower thoughts

Chapter dedicated to QueenMad01

Thanks for commenting and voting,

Hope you enjoy!

He eventually managed to get himself off me and lead me through the house. I had no choice but to follow, he would easily out muscle me again if I tried to escape. I would bide my time for now until I had the opportunity to escape.

I crossed my arms over myself, trying to hide some of my exposed body. Nakedness was common as a shifter, and was not anything to hide either. But I did not feel comfortable parading naked around the Alpha.

Thankfully it seemed he had cleared the house from all the stationed men that were around when we had entered.

He opened a thick wooden door that lead into a large bedroom that I recognised as his the second I had walked in. My wolf begged me to rub myself in his bed sheets that were covered in his scent.

I managed to refrain.

He walked through the bedroom and into a connecting door that lead into the bathroom. The bathroom was massive. A two head shower, which I had no idea what he needed it for considering I doubt he showered with anyone. A large ceramic tub, a sink and a toilet. All with working water I assumed. I was surprised when he left me in the bathroom, telling me the towels were in the cabinet along with spare toiletries. I had half expected him to sit and watch.

His room was in a completely separate wing on the whole house, leading me to contemplate the possibility of my escape. I hadn't seen any guards walking around and I couldn't hear him on the other side of the door.

But the opportunity of having a proper shower, my first one in four years. It was too much to give up. I reached under the cabinet grabbing a clean towel and toothbrush and placing them onto the bench top. I padded over to the large shower, opening the glass door and staring at the handles in front of me. I twisted one at random and watched in amazement as water spurted from the shower heads.

How he had working water, clean working water, was beyond me.

I stepped under the water and immediately jumped back with a yelp as the hot temperature scalded my skin and stung the still open wound on my calf. I had forgotten about that, concern filling my mind as I pondered how it had not yet healed.

Refocusing on the task I turned back to the two handles. Twisting and turning them at random until the water seemed to reach a suitable temperature. I stepped back under and relished in the feeling.

It took me back to the days before. The days before everything went to shit. The days before the war with the humans. The days when my family was still together, laughing around the campfire as my Dad pretended to be angry at my younger sister Aphrodite who had gotten herself yet another boyfriend.

My sight blurred at the memories. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself. I had held myself together for four years when I began my run alone. I wasn't going to break down because of some stupid shower. Once I felt I was calm enough I reached for the soap on the wall. Scrubbing my body down, dirt and grime ran off my skin and onto the floor, mixing with the water and turning it into a murky brown colour before it was washed into the drain. My calf injury stung in protest of the soapy water running into it, and it added its colour of red to the pool of water.

My ribs were feeling remarkably better, bones took quicker to heal than open wounds. It made sense considering our bones literally changed form numerous times a day when we shifted.

Sitting on the same shelf was bottles of shampoo and conditioner. How he had all this stuff I didn't understand, but I didn't care as I squeezed a dollop amount into my hand and begun cleaning my hair. It was so much longer now than it had been, sitting just above my belly button. A dramatic change from the short bob I had four years ago.