Chapter two 💬

Imani's pov(three years later)

"Lamelo and I have talked in ages. Since that day. We walked past eachother. In all honesty I haven't seen him since he had went on a trip to Texas and ended up staying there for a few years because of a storm. Today they were coming back.....

I woke up abruptly as I heard a pitter patter sound.
I rubbed the sleep out my eye as I slipped on my fuzzy basketball slippers and walked to the window. I squinted outside to see the gutters was leaking. It leaked every summer, yet my mother was too full of pride to ask anyone for help to fix it. I shrugged letting out a yawn. I checked my clock and it was 12:20 pm. I decided to go in the shower and get ready since my Bestfriend Chloe wanted to go to the mall.

I stripped when I reached the bathroom. Sza- love galore faintly played in the background. I attempted the high note and it actually didn't sound bad. I grinned foolishly as I soaped myself in the shower. I started dancing and the soap bar fell making a clang.

I clenched my teeth hoping my mom and brother didn't hear the noise. Then there was a bang on the door. "Yo Mani who you killing in there" I heard my brother Taevon say. I chuckled loudly turning the shower off and wrapping a towel tightly around my body. I opened the door. "I ain't killing a thing in here Tae. You know I can't even hurt a fly" I said batting my eyelashes innocently. "Mhmmmm" he then walked away.

I closed the door laughing and put on a grey oufit and let my hair down. I slipped on some Mix matched socks because I couldn't find the other pair. "Ughh I swear my socks be walking away to the island of disappearance" I whispered.

When I finished getting dressed I heard a loud sound. But it wasn't the pitter patter from the leaky gutters outside. I rolled up a sports magazine and opened the door to see LaMelo. He has gotten taller, his hair had gotten way longer. I  still held the magazine tightly. "What the hell are you doing in my room" I said. Now mind you, we were still 16, so this was the first time a boy had ever came in my room.

He swiftly came to me covering my mouth and saying shhh. "Don't shh me boy you in my god damn room" I said biting his hand. "Agh" he yelped . "What do you want"? I asked. "I came to say sorry..." He said looking down .  I laughed a good laugh. "Nigga get ya ugly ass out my house. How you gonna leave me for years Brodie and come out the blue and apologize." I said pushing him too the door.

"Your really trying my patience" he said through clenched teeth. "Well let ya nasty patience be tried I don't care. You dripping all over my carpet" I said.

He looked around my room and laughed. Showing a mouthful of braces. "What nigga?"

"You know I changed for you... But ya room mad basic" he said whispering the first part. "Well I guess it's because everything I have, I work for it. It doesn't get handed to me" I scoffed. "At least mom mama care bout me" he mumbled under his breath.  My hands balled into a fist. "What did you say?" I yelled.

"I said at least my mama care about me" he said back. "Lamelo...get out. I don't wanna ever see you again. Don't look at me, don't stand next to me, don't even do so much as breath the air I breathe. I hate you.." I yelled. He raised his hands up and stomped to the window climbing down. "And I have you break ya god damn neck" I said shutting the window.

My breathing was uneven as I looked myself in my full body mirror. There stood a girl, a girl who was always raised to be nothing else but the best, a girl who had a life of nothing but imperfect, a girl who yearned for someone to love her, a girl who was hurt.

I smoothed out my hair and grabbed my lanyard with my keys on it and went downstairs.

My mom was fixing the flowers as she said "sweetie I've having some people over, please don't come home until tommorow" she said calmly. I gave her that Bish whet face. "You know what I'll just stay over at Chloe's. Where is tae?" I said