Chapter 7 💬

Imani's pov

I looked at him in awe when he kissed me. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that" he said and I played with my fingers awkwardly.
"I um am gonna go to the room, my room um i-"

"Ok" he sighed. I walked out mentally punching myself for being so stupid. I groaned loudly. "What's up with you youngin" I heard gelo say. "Can I talk to you please"

"Sure youngin, have a seat" he said patting the bed next to him. I crossed my legs in Indian style. "Ok, so basically I like LaMelo. Y'all know that. But just now he kissed me and I was scared so I walked out but I didn't wanna hurt his feelings I was just scared he would hurt mine". I sighed.

"Alright, one thing I know about LaMelo is that he makes mistakes. Alot. But he learns from those mistakes and really tried to get better. Lamelo does really talk about girls and he never wants to but when it comes to you his mouth has no filter. So if I were you , i would talk to him about how you feel".

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks Dr.Phil" I said hugging gelo. He chuckled "no problem, now get out ya boy got studying to do" he chuckled. I laughed closing the door and walking out.

I passed by LaMelo we didn't even acknowledge eachother, something that made my stomache churned uncomfortably as I prepared to go take a shower and get dressed in my pajamas.

I looked at myself in the mirror flashbacks coming to my mind...

*Flashback*

"Darren please stop" I screamed as he choked me against the wall.

I was 13 and a virgin. He took that away from me as he entered me painfully. My mother witnessing everything from the other side of the room. She looked away. "MOMMY! Help me!" I screamed as he covered my mouth groaning as he spilled his load on my stomach.

I grimaced in disgust as I laid there bleeding and crying..

*End of flashback*

I looked in the mirror tears falling from my eyes. That's why I didn't get close to anyone because I thought they would hurt me. That night I had gone to the ball house. They already knew about my mom's abusive boyfriends. They were more than happy to open their doors for me.

I looked in the mirror wiping away the fog that blurred it from my steamy shower. I pulled the strap down on my top showing a scar from a burn I got... Well that's another story.

I walked out the steamy bathroom the cold air of the now dark living room hitting me as I walked upstairs the clock said 12:pm .

I sighed. As I searched for my room and went inside taking out the thing that held be up all these years. My diary.

Dear diary,
My life is a mess right now, and I don't how to fix it, thanks for being there for me. I really like LaMelo. My obsession over him is beyond words yet I'm scared. I don't wanna get hurt again.. anyways Goodnight.

With that I closed the book and drifted to sleep.

(Next morning)

I woke up abruptly. Something didn't feel right. I looked at my clock as my eyes turned wide, it was 9:30 am and i had missed at least first period. I ran to the shower and quickly got dressed into a yellow Nike air shirt, blue Nike shorts and my white Nike sneakers. (Outfit above)

I let my hair down spraying some body mist on and grabbing my MCM bag, my iPhone 7 , beats and my charger. With that I put my beats on my neck and walked down.

"Sweetie your late" Tina said kissing my cheek. "I know I must of over slept. Where's the boys?"

"Well lavar had an interview with zo, gelo had to go to Chino early  and Melo was suppose to wait for you but I guess he left"

"That's okay, I'll walk" I told her. "Are you sure, I can drive you there if you want"

"No I'm fine, I'll get some fresh air at least". I smiled and walked the ten blocks to school. It was nothing compared to the miles I had to run during fitness. I entered the class I had. It was math. I forgot the teacher had given assigned seats. The desks were only two a group and it just so happens that lamelo was my partner for the rest of the year.

I groaned as I sat down in the desk and pulled out my binder and pen. I bit on the pen cap as I copied the notes about scientific notation and simplifying decimals.

"Okay class, im going to give you guys worksheets since with has come to my attention that some of us still don't get the concept of scientific notation so the rest will be postponed to next week Monday". The class nodded as I chorus of awws and yes's rippled through the classroom.

The teacher gave me two worksheets and I just passed the other to LaMelo not making eye contact with him as I licked my lips and started on the worksheet. I swung my feet back and forth until they hit LaMelo's so I stopped. "Sorry " I mumbled.

"Its good" he mumbled back. I put my elbow on the desk usinngm hepand to prop myself up as I turned around the back of my head facing him as my right hand worked on the sheet.

A few minutes later I finished and raised my hand "yes Imani" said the teacher. "Um I finished my worksheets" I said.

"Ok you can just sit back , we have only 20 minutes left anways".

With that I pulled out my phone carelessly opening it as I felt eyes on my screen . I mean I didn't really care but I wanted to know why- I had forgot that on my lockscreen was stickers of LaMelo. Like alot like stalkerish alot. But we both had stickers of eachother since middle school I just decided to put mine on my lockscreen.

I typed in my password which was his birthday.

I decided to listen to music as I plugged in my head phones. And put my phone in my back pocket.

Bell rang. It was killing me because LaMelo and I were talking so I decided to do the unexpected...

When lunch came I marched to his table that had gelo, Eli, o, daijon, and phaquan.  I sat next to lamelo and tapped his shoulder. He turned around. "What?"

"Melo we needa talk"

"There is nothing to talk about other than the fact that you....."

After that I didn't hear anything he was saying I just looked at his features. His eyes and lips. My eyes flickered to his lips and i kissed him. It caught him by surprise until he kissed me back.

"Ouuu get it Melo" Eli said putting us on his snap.  We pulled away. "I'm sorry LaMelo, I really am. I was just scared to get hurt and I didn't know what to do"

"Don't be scared. I won't hurt you. "

And when he said those words my heart grew ten times bigger just for him.

Aren't they cute?

You think Melo and Imani. Will last?

Do y'all lie her fit, LMFAO she is tomboyish. So.