~*~ Chapter Two ~*~

~*~ Chapter Two ~*~

     As promised, Gale rolled up in his truck an hour later. Judging by the One Direction song that was blaring, I could tell he had already picked up Amber (otherwise a death metal song would be breaking through the speekers). I always saw Amber as the most cliched of our pack. As her name suggests, Amber is of the Fire Elemental family. She has "flaming" red hair, she never wears blues, greens or other soft colors, and she has a temper. A bad temper. When Amber gets angry, we need to put her in a cool environment in order to keep her from smoking. Yes, smoking. Last time Amber got mad, we had to have Aqua shift to her Water Elemental wolf form in order to put out a small(ish) forest fire.

     "Lily, hey!" Amber was waving out the window of the truck.

     I walked to the truck and opened the backseat door, "Hey. Skoot over." Amber made room.

     "We gotta get Aqua at the corner of her street. Her mom still doesn't know she's starting school today." Gale said, backing down my driveway.

     "Still? Isn't her mom gonna wonder where she's gonna be the next 180 days minus weekends?" Out of the four families in the Washington pack, Aqua's mom, Naomi, refused the idea of putting the younger generation of Elementals into human school.

     "Yeah, still." Amber said.

     We arived at Aqua's street corner where we found Aqua. She sat in the grass, pointing her finger to the sky.

     "Hey, Aqua!" Gale yelled, "Over here."

     "Since clouds are half water, I can control what they do." she said, ignoring Gale.

     Gale took his hand to the sky, and with one flick of his wrist the clouds evaporated.

     "Yeah, and their also half air. Get in!" Amber and I laughed.

     "Fine." Aqua said, hopping into the passenger seat.

     "What did you tell Naomi?" I asked.

     "That I was going to town with you guys for the day." Being Elementals and different from humans, our four homes sit in the middle of the woods. Each house is about a mile apart with tons of hills covered with forest in between.

     "I wish we could go to town." I said, remembering where we were really headed.

     "You love being secluded, Dirt." Gale said.

     "Yeah, I love just sitting in my room dreaming of ways to take over all Elementals!" I said with a devilish smile.

     "Don't be such a Subbie!" Amber said.

     A Subbie is created when a banished Elemental has a relationship with a human and has kids. That way, the child is born half Elemental and with half of the Elemental parent's powers. For instince, if an Earth Elemental has children with a human, one of those children will be born a Metal Sub-Elemental. If it is a bainshed Fire Elemental, the child would come out as an Electricity Subbie. Air plus human would equal either a sun or moon Subbie and a banished Water Elemental would result in an Ice Subbie.

     Subbies have a strong hatred against their former Elemental packs, as stronge as actually going out and hunting down their former packmates. Only three Elementals have been banished from the Washington pack in my lifetime. Paul, Rodrequez and Samual.

     "That's me! I hate Elementals! Kill kill kill!" I said, dramatically.

     "Lil, carful how loud you say that!" Gale snapped. Gale's dad was Paul Lucht, the only banished Air Elemental from our pack in the past 150 years, "I don't want you banished too."

     Gale's dad was banished for spying on his fellow Elemental packmates and reporting the information back to a group of rebel Subbies trying to kill off Elementals. In this world today, there are over 1500 Elemental packs around the world. The Washington pack is the only pack in the United States.

     "Sorry, man." I said. I knew Gale didn't like talking about his father.

     "Don't apologize. Look, we're here!" Gale took one hand from the stearing wheel and pointed to a large building in the distance. Amber, Aqua and Gale all began to clap and cheer from excitement. I began to sink in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest.