Chapter 2

They finished their last song, and the crowd cheers. Before they said goodbye, NamJoon stepped up and announced, "We are very sorry Jungkook wasn't here tonight! Right now, we are very devastated. He was hit by a drunk driver last night and is currently in the hospital. He's ok though. We're sorry again. Thank you all for coming. We love you. Goodnight!"

The crowd was silent as the boys were leaving the stage. Then all of a sudden, the crowd shouts, "Get well Jungkook (oppa). We love you!" The boys started crying, first because of the amount of love given from the fans. But it was also because they don't know he lost his memory.

~

On the way to their dorm, they all thought about ways to bring back Jungkook's memory. "Shall we invite him over? To stay again?" Suga suggested. "No! That's too much!" NamJoon said. While they were all discussing, TaeHyung was deeply asleep. Besides sniffing, it's snoring that's heard from him. Jin noticed, "It's so sad." Everyone looks. "No, let him sleep!" Jin yells at Suga who was about to shake him awake. "He was sniffing the whole night last night." HoSeok said, "I don't even think he slept." "He didn't talk much this morning either." Jimin threw in, "I tried getting him to talk, but he stayed silent." "He only speaks to Jungkook whenever he's down." NamJoon says. "That's not true," Suga shouts, "He tells HoSeok sometimes." They all look at J-Hope. He nods in agreement. "When we get back to our dorm, talk to him." Jin suggested.

~

"It's been a week now Jungkook, time to go home." his mother said.

On the care ride home, Jungkook kept thinking about his past. He kept thinking about the guys that had visited him. "Umma?" he said, "Am I really in a band?" She nods her head. "You're in a band of seven. Those guys who visited you, they're members with you." "Oh." he says. "Do you remember any recent memory? Something of your life? So I can know how much you've forgotten." Jungkook thought really hard. "Well, I certainly don't remember being in a band. But, I remember me and some friends gathering together cooking for one friend's birthday...I think. Was that long ago?" His mom chuckled. "I have something to show you when we get home." she says.

As they arrive home, Jungkook asks, "What are you going to show me?" "You'll see." They walk into the house. "Wait here." his mom says while running to her room. She returns with a laptop opened to a YouTube video. "What's this?" Jungkook asks. "It's a video of the memory you told me in the car." Jungkook looked confused. The video started playing. It was Rookie King. The episode where Bangtan did a competition cooking for Rap Monster's birthday.

When the cooking section of the episode ended, his mom paused it. "Remember that?" she asks. "What, those are the guys in the band? This was a show?" he asks. "Yeah, there's more of you guys having an amazing time." "If we were so close, why don't I remember them?" he asks. "You lost your memory, honey. And it seems that you lost most of your memory of your group."

Jungkook just sits there. "What's the name of the group?" "Bangtan Boys. Also known as BTS." she replies. "Wait, that's us?!" He says with a confused look. "Yes, why do you look so shocked?" "That name. I remember that name but I thought the whole time it was my favorite band to listen to." His mom started smiling. "You could say it is your favorite band." she chuckles. "I guess you didn't completely forget about your group." 

"Wait, umma! Play a song!" he yells. She puts on the MV of "No More Dream". He just stares at the screen, focusing on the members, the music, and himself. "That's...me?" he says, pointing at himself at the screen. His mom nods. He keeps watching till the end, then slams the laptop and gets up from the couch. "No! It's not true! I'm 17 right?! Aren't I a student?! I'm not...famous!" he exploded.

His mom's face started to frown, then she sighs. Without saying a word, she gets up and walks into Jungkook's room. "Umma! Umma, come back! I'm sorry!" he yells. "I...-" she comes back with a picture and hands it to Jungkook, still not saying a word. He takes it and stares at it. "Is this me and someone from the band?" She just nods. It was a picture of him and TaeHyung, laughing with each other. "Remember his name?" she asks. "V? That's what I remember him saying at the hospital." "That's his stage name. What's his real name? He didn't tell you that?" "I don't remember." Jungkook says, still staring at the photo. After a while, he throws it on the floor in fury. "Why are you showing me this?! I don't remember him or any of them at all!" he yells.

"TaeHyung." she says. "What?" Jungkook says, lost. "His name...is TaeHyung." "Umma! That's not going to make me remember hi...-" "Do you know how hurt he is?! How much he misses you?!" she interrupts him. "Umma..." Jungkook says, feeling sorry and guilty. "He's your best friend, honey. HoSeok called me yesterday saying that ever since your accident, finding out you forgot about them completely, he's been acting different. He's became depressed. Says that he hardly smiles now." She tells him. "...HoSeok?"  Jungkook wonders. His mother sighs, "Your friend in the band. I told them I'll help you remember them. At least try, sweetie. They're all so devastated. Him the most!" She says picking up the photo and pointing at TaeHyung. Jungkook just stands there, not knowing what to say or even do. Then he sighs, "Fine."