Chapter 17

"No! The balloons should spread throughout the entire living room!" HoSeok whispered. It was Jungkook's birthday. All the members were awake, getting everything ready. Jungkook was deeply asleep, not knowing what was going on.

"Ok. Good." HoSeok said. The room was ready. "Ok. TaeHyung, get the cake and candles. Jin hyung, get the gifts. Jimin, get the food." HoSeok said to them. They all nodded and did as they were told.

The room was finally done. Balloons and banners hung. Cake and food on the tiny table. And gifts on the couch. "Wow. Kookie's 18 now." Suga smiled. They all nodded.

It was now 7:45am and all the members were hiding in TaeHyung, NamJoon, HoSeok, and YoonGi's room. Their door was opened a little, to peek outside.

Jungkook woke up. He looked around and saw both Jin and Jimin gone. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Again? You know it'll be nice to finally wake up to both of you asleep." he says to himself. He got up and walked out the room. The lights were off and it was kind of dark. He went to go open the curtains. "Where are they?" he says.

He opened the curtains and turned around. He stood there, seeing happy birthday balloons and presents on the couch. "What? What's this?" he says.

All the members walked out the room. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jungkook! Happy Birthday to you!" they all sang. Jungkook started to smile.

"I...what?! I...I didn't even know it was my birthday today!" Jungkook laughs. "I forgot! I didn't even think about it!" he continued. The members all laughed and went to hit him. "So that's why you all were so distant from me!" Jungkook smiled. They all nodded.

"Open your gifts!" NamJoon yelled. They all went to the couch. Jungkook spotted TaeHyung's bag and grabbed that first. He opened it and saw the shirt. A flashback came to his head.

"Hyung! You like?" Jungkook says running up to TaeHyung, wearing the shirt. "Kookie! Take it off!" TaeHyung yelled. They were about to leave to go eat and TaeHyung was already waiting at the front door. "Why?! I like it! Can I have it?!" Jungkook asks. "No." TaeHyung replied. Jungkook pouted. "Fine." he said, taking off the shirt. "I'll jack it from you one day." he says. TaeHyung laughed. "Nah, you won't." he says opening the door.

Jungkook went to stand next to TaeHyung. "Kookie! Why are you shirtless?!" TaeHyung turned around and asked. "You said I couldn't wear your shirt." Jungkook replied. TaeHyung rolled his eyes. "Well, go and put on your shirt. I'm not eating out with you like that." "I'm too lazy to go back to my room. We're already at the front door." Jungkook whines. "Fine. Just for today!" TaeHyung sighs. Jungkook smiled and put on the shirt. Then they left to go eat.

"You finally gave me the shirt." Jungkook said. TaeHyung looked at him and smiled. "You remembered." he said, holding his tears. Jungkook nodded and went to hug him. TaeHyung started crying. "Hyung, don't cry!" Jungkook says. "Thank you." he said, letting go of the hug. TaeHyung nods. He sniffed and wiped his tears.

Jungkook continued opening everyone else's gifts, getting a flashback for every single one. The members all cried to him remembering. "You guys are amazing." Jungkook says, wiping away a tear. "Even though I don't remember any of you, even though I basically have known you for about a month, I can tell that you guys are the best. I can tell that you guys have cared for me a lot.

"I really wish I can remember you guys. You all seem liked wonderful people nobody would ever want to forget. But I, sadly, ended up forgetting. Even with all the pushing away I've done to you guys, even with all the times I've left and given you a hard time, you were all always there for me, welcoming me with open arms. I'm thankful for that." he started crying.

YoonGi went up and hugged Jungkook. "We'll always love you." They let go and Jungkook nodded. YoonGi wiped a tear off Jungkook's face. "Ready to blow the candles?" he asked. Jungkook nods. They all gathered around the table and sang happy birthday again, while Jungkook blew out the candles. They all cheered.

They all grabbed a plate of the food Jimin and V cooked. They ate together in the living room, laughed together. It was as if Jungkook never forgot anything. He acted like before, talked like before. Everyone forgot that Jungkook forgot everything. It felt like everything was normal like other days.

"I'm done. Time for cake!" TaeHyung yelled, putting his empty bowl down. He went and cut a piece of the cake, and he sat back down. "Hyung! Let me feed you a piece!" Jungkook yelled. "On your birthday, you fed me one. Let me feed you." TaeHyung looked at him and smiled. He gave the plate to Jungkook.

Jungkook fed TaeHyung one slice. He started smiling. "Here. I'm going to get my slice now." Jungkook said, handing TaeHyung back the plate. He got up and got his own slice.

They all continued to laugh and talk. They took pictures and videos. They uploaded them on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. They put cake frosting on Jungkook's face. Again, they were having an amazing time.

It was almost noon, and they all finished eating. "I'm so full." Jimin says. "I ate 3 slices of the cake.." HoSeok said. Jungkook and TaeHyung were asleep on the floor. Jin was sleeping on the couch, and YoonGi and NamJoon were cleaning up the plates.

"They look so cute sleeping next to each other." HoSeok said, looking at Jungkook and TaeHyung. Jimin nods in agreement. "Does Jungkook even know that TaeHyung likes him?" "I don't think so. TaeHyung would've told me." HoSeok replied. Jimin nodded. "Jungkook would've told me." he laughed.

"Why doesn't he tell him though? He knows Jungkook likes him." Jimin whispered. "He likes Kookie, not Jungkook." YoonGi said, walking in from cleaning. "What?" Jimin and HoSeok both say. YoonGi sat down. "TaeHyung told me that he wants to be with Kookie, who knows us. Not Jungkook, who doesn't know anything about us."

"What if he never remembers?" HoSeok asked. "I asked him the same thing. He said that he's just going to have to befriend this Jungkook. Don't worry, Jungkook seems to be remembering a lot now." YoonGi replied. HoSeok nodded.

TaeHyung woke up. "What time is it?" he asked. "Almost noon." Jimin replied. TaeHyung sits up and rubs his eyes. "I'm so tired." he says. "Tired? You just slept!" NamJoon says, walking in. TaeHyung smiles. "I'm still sleepy." He looks over at Jungkook and smiles. "He's remembering huh?" They all nodded.

"I wonder when he'll remember everything." He continued. "I was hoping today." HoSeok said. TaeHyung chuckled. "It'd be a miracle if he woke up right now and remembered everything." "If only we were in a movie." YoonGi laughed.

~

It's already about 8pm. TaeHyung was in his room, about to go to sleep when he saw Jungkook walk in. "Jungkook?" he says, sitting up. "What is it?" Jungkook went to sit next to him.

"I know what you meant." Jungkook said. "What?" TaeHyung asks. "When you told me that I'll understand why you were so distant." TaeHyung blanked out for a second, then realized what he said. "Wait, you do?" he asks. Jungkook nods.

"I know why you all were so distant!" Jungkook smiles. "All that ignoring me made a good surprise party. Sorry for bugging you about it. You were probably really annoyed." he continued. TaeHyung was confused for a second. That wasn't what he meant at all.

"Jungkook, no. That's not what..-" "Thanks for the party! It was fun. You guys really are amazing." Jungkook said, interrupting TaeHyung. "I'm going to let you sleep now. Bye hyung!" he says, leaving the room.

"No! Jungkook!" TaeHyung yelled. Jungkook already left the room. "Jungkook, it was because I like you." he sighs, trying to sleep.