Chapter 7

"I'm scared!" Jungkook yells through the loud music. "I've never done this before!" "Technically you have! You just forgot!" Suga yells back. "Oh...right!" It was the day of the festival. Girls Generation was performing "Mr. Mr." and the members were dancing and singing along backstage. "Don't worry Kookie! You'll do great! Like usual!" HoSeok yells.

It was now their turn to perform. They go to their places. The crowd cheered and the fans cheered louder. Then, the music started and everyone went silent. An image again popped up into Jungkook's brain.

This time, he was on a stage. Not the festival stage outside, but a stage inside a building. The stage he was on the night the accident happened. He danced and sang, seeing the posters from the fans. Then his solo came up. He was into his singing and dancing, then he messed up. The crowd's eyes were focused on only Jungkook, but he continued dancing.

The song was done and the crowd cheered. "Thank you!" Jungkook says, at the edge of crying. They all walked off the stage. "Good job Kookie!" the members yelled, hugging him. "Awww, don't cry Kookie! You did amazing!" TaeHyung says, noticing the tears.

"I messed up." he replied. "So bad. They kept looking at me after I messed up on my dancing on my solo." he kept crying. "You didn't mess up?" Suga says. "You did everything perfect." "No! I messed up! I saw all the fans, even the ones at the top balcony staring at me!" "Top balcony?" Jin says, really confused. "Kookie, we performed outside. There's not top balcony." Jungkook wipes his tears and walks to the edge of the stage and peeks outside. Again? What am I imagining? , he thought. "Come on. We're done. Let's go back home." NamJoon says.

~

"He hasn't came out of the room still." Jimin says. "But he didn't mess up on anything at all!" TaeHyung yells. "I know why he says he did." NamJoon says. Everyone looked at him. "Remember....that night?" No one answered. "That night....of the accident? Remember the reason he wanted to go back to the studio? He said he messed up on stage. It may sound dumb but, I think that's why." "Oh my gosh. Maybe he is remembering stuff." Jin says.

TaeHyung gets up and grabs the room key. He goes and opens Jungkook's room door and locks it after he walks in. "Jungkook?" he says. He was sleeping. TaeHyung goes and sits next to him. He starts moving Jungkook's hair out of his face. "You're still a heavy sleeper, I see." he says.

He starts poking Jungkook's cheeks, then starts squishing them. "How do you not wake up to me doing this to you?" He starts playing with his ear, and Jungkook wakes up. "Mmmmm..." he groaned. "Hello, Kookie." TaeHyung says. Jungkook removes the blanket from his face and sees a blurry TaeHyung. "What time is it?" he groaned. "7pm." Jungkook sits up and fixes his hair.

"You alright?" TaeHyung asked. "Yeah, why?" "Well, you cried pretty bad when we finished performing." Jungkook looked down, twiddling his thumbs. Then he looks back up at TaeHyung. "I think I'm going crazy." "Why?" Jungkook looks back down. "I'm imagining things." TaeHyung sits closer to Jungkook. "What do you mean?" Jungkook takes a deep breath. "Remember dance practice? When I said hello to the wall?" he softly chuckles. TaeHyung nods.

"Well, I thought I was in a park. I thought we were performing to fans. I heard them all screaming, their faces. Everything seemed so real." TaeHyung said nothing. "And at the festival, I thought we were inside. I did see a balcony. I saw the fans all the way up there. And the ones on the floor. All the posters they made. I saw it." TaeHyung starts to chuckle. Now he knows Jungkook is remembering the past. "What? What's so funny?" Jungkook asks. "Nothing." TaeHyung says. "No! Something's funny I know! You're not telling me. What is it?!" Jungkook yells, standing up. "You're so adorable when you're mad." TaeHyung says chuckling.

Jungkook freezes and just stares at TaeHyung. Then, he sits back down. "Hyung...can I be alone right now?" "Oh, yeah....uhm, sure." TaeHyung replies, getting up and leaving the room.

When the door shut closed, Jungkook opened his phone and went to his gallery. "Shit!" he whispers, and throws his phone down on his bed. He goes to his bag and searches through it. "Fuck! Where is it?!" he yells. He pulls something out. "Oh! Found it!" He stares at it. It was the picture of him and TaeHyung.

He kept looking at it, smiling. His heart was beating fast. Then, his smile dropped. "Wait, why? Why am I looking at this? Why am I so happy with this?!" he yells, throwing the picture down. "No! I don't like you!" he keeps yelling to himself.

TaeHyung opens the door, "Kookie. The members asked if you...-" "Get away from me!" he yelled. TaeHyung froze, his hand still on the door knob. He was speechless. His mouth was opened, eyes wide and about to get teary. He was shocked. "Hyung! No! Please I...-" TaeHyung slammed the door and storms off into his room.

The members just looked at him going to his room, all confused on what just happened. Then, they see Jungkook storming off out the dorm crying. Jimin got up and ran after Jungkook. "Jungkook! Hey, come back here! What happened?!" Jungkook stops, but he doesn't turn around. "Kookie! What happened?" Jiimin asks again, not moving towards him. "Jungkook?" "I'm sorry. I can't do this." he turns around. "I'm going to go back home." he turns back around, walking away.

"You can't do what?! Huh?!" Jimin yells, angry and hurt. "You can't do being in the band?! Or you just can't do being with TaeHyung?! Liking him?!" Jungkook stops walking, his eyes getting teary. "I'm sorry." he whispers, and walks away. Seeing Jungkook disappear into the distance, he threw his hat down. "Dammit Jungkook!" he yelled. He picked his hat back up and stormed back into the dorm, seeing TaeHyung calmed down in the living room, and the members around him.

"What happened?" NamJoon asked. "He's gone. And I don't think he's coming back." TaeHyung jerks up, "What?!" "Yes. He said he couldn't do 'it' anymore." TaeHyung slouches back down onto the couch. "TaeHyung! Come outside! I need to talk to you!" Jimin yells, walking out the dorm. TaeHyung, really confused, gets up and follows him outside.