Chapter 8

"What's wrong?" TaeHyung asks. "First, what happened in that room with you two?" Jimin said. "Well, after you guys told me to ask him that, I opened the door and he yelled, 'Get away from me!' at me." "What happened before? Before we told you. When you just got up and walked in." TaeHyung sighs. "I was squishing his face and he woke up. Then, he told me he was imagining things and I started laughing. He got mad and I told him he's adorable when he's mad and he just froze and told me he wanted to be alone. So, I left." Jimin sighs.

"Jeon Jungkook!" he yells. "What went wrong?!" he yells still, as if Jungkook could hear him. "Was it something I said? Adorable?" TaeHyung wonders. "TaeHyung. Let me tell you something." TaeHyung nods. "Jungkook's confused." "What do you mean?" Jimin hesitates. "He's....he's confused with his feelings. His feelings with...-" "Guys! Come inside! Jungkook's mom is on the phone!" Jin yells. They both walk in.

"What's wrong with Jungkook?" his mom says on speaker through the phone. "Here, talk to her Jimin." Suga says while giving Jimin the phone. "Hello?" "Hello? What's wrong with Jungkook? He just called me to pick him up!" "He said he couldn't do it anymore." "Do what?" Jimin sighs. "That's what I'm wondering too. Can you talk to him for us Jeonssi, please?" He asks. "Yes, of course! I'll call you back then!" she hangs up.

"Fuck! Man!" TaeHyung yells. "If only I walked with him, this wouldn't have happened!" "TaeHyung, no. It's not your fault." Jin says. "No! You were right that night hyung! It is my fault! If only I went with him! Ugh, if he does remember anything, I promise never again, never will I let him walk by himself!" He was about to cry.

"TaeHyung...It's not your fault." HoSeok says. "You never know, both of you could've gotten hit if you went." TaeHyung just sat there, then sighs. "I....I miss him." "We know TaeHyung. We kn...-" "I love him."

~

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" his mom asked. Jungkook stayed quiet, sitting down on the couch. It was kind of awkward between them two. He started fiddling with his fingers. "Honey, what happened?" "It's too much for me. My brain, I can't take it"

"What did you guys do?" his mom sighed. "Uhm, an interview."

"That's it?" "No. We performed on stage." His mom started smiling. "I saw a video. You did amazing Jungkook." she says, sitting down next to him.

Jungkook felt angry inside. He still believed he messed up, even though at the same time he feels he's a little crazy. "Umma, I'm tired. I'm going to just go and sleep." He says, getting up and walking into his room, closing the door.

His mom opens her phone as soon as the door closed, and called Jimin. "Hello? Jimin?"

"Yes? Did you talk to Jungkook?"

"Yes, I did. Honey I didn't get much. All he said was that it was too much for his head to handle." There was a little moment of silence.

"TaeHyung...mention TaeHyung." Jimin said. "Ok, I will! I'll call you again later!" she hangs up and gets up, walking to Jungkook's door and knocks. "Jungkook? Are you awake?" He didn't answer. She grabs the knob and turns it, finding it to be unlocked, and opens the door. She walks in, seeing him laying down with his eyes open, staring at the ceiling. "Jungkook. I want to ask you something really quick." He looks at her. "What about TaeHyung?" she asks.

"What about him?" he mumbles a bit. "Well, have you remember anything with him? Have you guys hung out a lot with each other?" Jungkook hesitates. "No, I don't remember anything." His mom goes and sits on his bed. "You guys didn't talk or hang ou...-"

"I think I....I...I.....I yelled at him...." His voice cracked, he was about to cry. "Wait, what are you trying to say? Why are your eyes watery?" "Nothing, never mind." he said, in between sniffs. "You alright?" she asks him. He nods. She looks at him for a while, and gets up. "Well, I'll leave you alone now." she says while heading out.

"Umma!" Jungkook yells. She walks back in. "Yes sweetie?" "I....I...I think I...like...him."

~

Everyone's silent in the living room. Still shocked from what TaeHyung had said. Then Suga spoke up. "You do? As in, like really?" TaeHyung doesn't reply. He's shocked himself. He didn't know himself that that was how he felt. "I...I don' know." He finally replies. He was now really confused with himself.

"I'm going to go out for a walk." TaeHyung says, stiffly standing up. "I...I need some time alone." They all nodded and he grabbed his coat and walked out.

~

"Arriving at the park, TaeHyung goes and sits down on an empty bench. "Ugh, it's super cold." he says, rubbing his hands together. "Ah....I should've worn gloves." He puts his hands in his coat pocket, and he feels something inside it. He takes it out, and it turned out to be the picture Jungkook showed him. "What's this doing in here?" he wondered.  He looked at his coat. "Yeah, this is my coat." He stares at the picture and sighs. "Come back, please?" he whispered.

Someone sat down next to him, but TaeHyung didn't bother looking up. "Is that you and your best friend?" the person asked, noticing the picture. "Yeah. Wanna see it?" "No, I'm fine. I've seen it a couple times." TaeHyung looked up, thinking he'd see a fan next to him. But it wasn't a fan. Instead, he saw Jungkook. "Kookie?" he asks, thinking he started to see things. Jungkook chuckles. "Wow, what a coincidence. I didn't know you were going to be here also." Jungkook said, a bit awkward. He didn't look at TaeHyung at all.

"Why are you here?" Jungkook asked, still not looking at him. "Uhm...I just needed to think to myself." TaeHyung replied. "What about you?" "Same." Then, it became awkwardly quiet for about a minute.

"What did you come to think about?" Jungkook asked, finally turning to face TaeHyung, but seeing him looking forward. TaeHyung shrugged, hesitating to answer. "You." "Me?" Jungkook says, turning his face away because he felt he started to blush.

"Yeah. I'm thinking about, why you left. The reason." TaeHyung looks at him. "Why did you leave?" Jungkook faces him. "Oh..." Jungkook thinks for a minute, then decides to stay quiet. "What was too much for you?" TaeHyung added.

"Me." Jungkook replied. TaeHyung looked confused. "I'm getting weird feeling whenever I'm with you....uh, you guys." "Why?"

"Can we not talk about this?" Jungkook forces out. TaeHyung nods. "I...we miss you, you know?" he says. Jungkook sighs. "It's only been an hour." He turns his body towards TaeHyung. "I want you...you guys to do something for me." TaeHyung nods. "I don't mean to hurt you guys at all but, I'm asking this....for my own good."

"What do you mean?" TaeHyung asks. "Can you guys never...uhm, like pretend I was never in the band?" TaeHyungs heart shattered into pieces. "You know, even if we agreed to that...we couldn't." Jungkook smirks a little. "Then...just you." He says. TaeHyung just looks at him. A tear came down from his eye. "Since I guess I can't really leave you guys....can you, just you...act like we were never so close?" A tear started to drop from Jungkook's eye. Jungkook turns away, not wanting TaeHyung to see. "Hyung...I'm sorry. You'll understand sooner or later..."