Chapter Four...Friends Again for Now

Kyle....

Chloe won't talk to me anymore, everytime I try she walks away.  I bet Ashley and them told her that I tried to sleep with them and that I'm a player and now she want's no part of me. How do I show her that I'm no longer a player? I haven't slept with anyone since I met her, that's a start right.

I wanna prove to her I can be Kyle the boyfriend, not Kyle the player. But she won't even talk to me....Wait maybe I can talk to her, secretly....

Chloe...

I decided to go back to school today, but I only went for lunch and the afternoon classes, I called in saying I won't be there in the morning. When I arrived Ashley waved me to and walked over, giving me a hug. Then she moved aside and let me walk into the school, I walked up the ramp and to my locker, grabbing some books. As I walked past the science room, someone dragged me inside and locked the door. It was Kyle, he let go of my arm. 

I shock my head and turned around, walking to the other door near the other end of the classroom. Kyle ran to me and grabbed my arm again, holding it lightly "Chloe..Please let me explain"

"Explain what? I don't want the details of you having sex with every girl in this school" I replied.

"Look Chloe...I'll be honest with you. I used to be a player, I used to love getting and sleeping with lots of girls and then just moving on. But after I met you, I didn't wanna be that anymore. I don't want to be a player anymore, I want to be something else for you" he said turning me around to face him.

"Kyle I don't trust you" I replied softly.

"I can show you...I can stop having sex with every girl I get the chance to" he said looking at me.

"Kyle it's one thing to say it, but it's another to actrually not do it.. with any other girl" I said with a tear dripping down my eye "I don't believe you can do It" 

"Since the day I met you...I haven't had sex or tried too" he said wiping my tear away.

"You wanted to with me though..."I said crossing my arms.

"Ok..Ill be honest. I did at first...but now I don't, I promise" he calmly said.

"....I don't know Kyle" I mummbled and looked away.

"Let me prove it to you...let me show you that I can be just Kyle" he said following where my eyes went.

"I just want to be friends....that's It. Nothing else with you" I said.

"Alright....Friends" he said sighing.

I walked out of the door at the end of the classroom, leaving Kyle alone in the room. I went to go use the rest of my lunch to be alone. 

Kyle...

Why did I agree to being friends? That's not what I want....well I guess now I have to start over with her. Start from the very top and work my way down. Oh wait I have a really good idea.....It will make her see what she really wants and it will tell me weather or not I'm really in love with her....

Chloe...

When I walked into Drama class, Kyle was in the same row sleepping, like the first day I met him. I sat a row down from him, next to some other girls in my class. He woke up and leaned down, his head over my shoulder "Hey Chloe"

"Hi" I replied softly.

"I have something for you" he said looking at me. I turned my head and looked at him, as he reached into his inside sweater pocket and pulled out sheets of paper and handed them to me "What's this?"

"It's a song...I wrote it for you" he said jumping over a car next to me and sitting down.

I read it and it really didn't make very much sense, but It was the thought that counts "Kyle this song sucks....but It seems you really put a lot into It. Thank you" I replied laughing and then going serious again.

"Yea I'm not good at writing songs" he replied.

"I can tell.." I giggled.

"Hey not everyone is beautiful and talented like you" he replied laughing.

"Thank you Kyle" I replied leaning back in my chair, holding the song in my hands.

"Your welcome my fair lady" he said.

"You know...Maybe you can be friends with someone" I said nicely.

"I promised you I would try and try I will" he replied.

I smiled and looked forward at the stage, as the teacher acted out a puppet show. Kyle softly touched my hand, and held it in his hand. I looked down at his hand in mine and smiled slightly. But then I remembered "Friends Only" and pulled my hand away, looking at him. He put his hands behind his had and leaned back, putting his feet up on the other chairs in front of him. Suddenly the teacher called our names and Kyle almost fell out of his seat "Chloe....Kyle come down here" said the teacher.

Kyle looked at me and let me go down first. Kyle jumped onto the stage, while I climbed the stairs onto the stage. He put us close together and hugged us "You two are perfect"

"Um excuse me...Perfect for what?" I asked.

"For the two role leads in the new romance play we will be doing" said the teacher.

"Wait what...?" asked Kyle shocked.

"Romance play..." I said looking at him.

"The rest of you can audition tomorrow...Chloe, Kyle here next week after school for practice" said the teacher telling us to go back to our seats.

After class I waited for Kyle and we walked out together, I was freaking out. He stood in front of me and held my chin up, looking into my eyes. I turned my face away, then looked back at him as he spoke "Chloe it's just a play" 

"Yea a romance play" I replied "What if he makes us kiss and stuff like that for real?"

"Chloe It's just a play...besides you don't like me that way. Don't sweat it...people do romance plays all the time" he said looking away.

"Yea those people are actors. Actors are ok with kissing people cause they know it's fake. We aren't actors" I replied.

"It's just a kiss Chloe, calm down" he said.

"Why do you seem so excited to do this? and so calm?" I asked.

"Um I'll see you later" he replied walking away.

"Kyle...you didn't answer my question" I said crossing my arms.

He looked at me and then walked back towards me and grabbed my face, kissing me. I softly put my hands on his waist and kissed him back. Then he pulled away and  touched my cheek, my hands still on his waist "Answer your question"

"Um" I stood speachless.

"Goodbye Chloe" he said walking away. He disappeared down the ramp leaving me froozen and shocked. I touched my lips and then a faint smile came across my face. All through art class I kept thinking about Kyle kissing me and thought maybe he was still trying to make a move on me, like all other girls.