Chapter Five...Can't Break a Promise

Kyle...

It was the end of the day and I was on my way home, still thinking of when I kissed Chloe. As I put my sunglasses on, 2 girls ran up to me and smiled, waving there hands "Hi Kyle"

"Ladies" I said in return "How may I help you?"

"We were wondering if we could come over tonight?" one of them asked.

"Um" I mummbled.

"You know for some fun...like old times" said the other one touching my chest. 

"Come on Kyle...when are you ever going to get both os us asking you for sex again" said the first one.

"Look girls I would love too..But I've changed. I'm no longer Kyle the sex player, bye now" I said walking away.

"Kyle don't make us have to suduce you" said the first girl unzipping her sweater. 

"Look girls, I really can't anymore alright" I said turning to face them, but holding there sweaters in their hands.

"Come on scardy cat....we won't hurt you. It's just a little fun" said the second girl.

I stood still for a moment as one of the girls threw her sweater around my neck and stepped closer to me. The other girl stood behind me and was touching my back. I ran away and stood away from them, holding my hands out "Stop It...both of you" 

"Oh Kyle's got a girlfriend" said one girl.

"I do not....I just don't want to be a player anymore" I replied.

"Kyle you've been a player for 5 years, and now suddenly you don't want to. You can't just change, Kyle the playboy is still inside you, dying to touch more girls. Dying to feel love again and have fun. Even you know it" said the second girl.

"That playboy part of me may still be inside me...but that's where it is staying" I said walking away, not saying another word. Then I saw Chloe standing by the corner of the street, watching everything that had just happened. I looked back at the girls, than at her "How much of that did you see?"

"All of It" I replied. 

"Oh...so now you hate me again" he said coming closer to me.

"Why would I hate you? You turned them down, that means your keeping your promise" I replied.

"I'm trying...It's still hard to say no" he replied looking behind him to see the girls where gone.

"Your slowly changing Kyle...I guess I was wrong about you. Im sorry for not believeing in you" I replied.

"It's alright..but if you still want to be friends. That's fine with me" he said.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked calmly.

"Practice for the play...so If we did have to kiss. It wouldn't be the first time, that would be weird" he said looking at me and smiling. I leaned up and kissed him softly, closing my eyes. Then I pulled away and turned my back to him smiling "That was practice too...Friend"

I walked away and went home, talking to my father and one of my uncles who were over. 

Kyle....

Well that was an awesome day. I kissed Chloe and told her it was for practice for the play, but really it wasn't. And then she kissed me and said the same thing. I don't think she meant it the way I did because she said friend after it. But hey maybe I'm getting closer to the point where I can ask her out. Or maybe just to the dance next month. I mean friends can go to a dance together right???

Chloe...

I don't think I want to be friends anymore...I think I'm starting to like Kyle as more than a friend. But even though he turned down 2 girls today, and we kissed twice. I'm still not sure how much I can trust him. Im just not sure right now because he's been a player for 5 years, I heard the girls say today. There's no way I'm going to date him yet, so I'll have to just act like a friend towards him until I feel like he's totally commited to me and won't go have fun anymore with other girls.