Chapter Six...The Romance Play Begins

Chloe....

I walked to the Drama room after school and Kyle was standing on the stage in a tux. He smiled at me and waved, looking into a mirror and fixing his tie. I smiled and just before I walked up on the stage, the Drama teacher took me behind stage and handed me a blue dress "Put this on..we start practice in a few minutes" 

I held the dress up and went to put it on. I twirled around in the dress and then heard a whistle blow. I ran out of the dressing room and onto the stage, Kyle looked at me and was speachless. I smiled at him and curtseyed, holding the sides of my dress. The Drama teacher handed us a script and flipped it too page 8. The first word on the page was, Chloe and Kyle shared a dance together "Ok guys get ready to dance, I've got the music ready"

Kyle looked at me and nodded, I shock my head and then whispered in his ear "I don't know how to dance"

He leaned into me and whispered in my ear "Just try to follow me....Don't worry I won't try anything other than dancing"

I took a breath and put my other hand on his shoulder. He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer into him and held me. Then we started to move side to side, and the Drama teacher started the music. I smiled and followed his steps, listening to the music. Then Kyle spun me around and pulled me back into his chest, I laughed. Then the music stopped and the Drama teacher clapped and cheered "That was perfect you two..great job" 

"Thank you" I said calmly.

"Ok let's go to page 10 where the kiss happens after a fight between you guys" said the teacher.

"Kiss" I said looking at Kyle and then at the script. Kyle opened his script and started his line, the fight scence before the kiss "You didn't have to act like that to my friend" he said acting mad.

I looked at my line and read it "I'm sorry I got jealous" 

"I thought you trusted me!" he shouted.

" I do..I do trust you. But I got scared that she was going to take you from me" I replied starting to cry, acting of course.

"You know I love you...Nothing can change that" he said touching my cheek like it says in the script.

"Prove it" I said looking at him.

Kyle closed his script and leaned down, and brought my chin up. Then he softly kissed me on the lips, like the scence is supposed to go. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed him back. The teacher clapped and Kyle pulled away from me, opening his eyes "Wow that was beautiful. It makes it seem like you guys really do have chemistry" 

"It makes it feel like sparks too" said Kyle letting go of my waist.

I smiled "Sparks sure are flying in that scence" 

"Ok...that's enough practice. I'll see you guys tomorrow for the rest of the play with everyone else" said the teacher leaving the room. Leaving us alone on the stage "Nice acting there Chloe"

"You too Kyle" I said back to him.

"So that kiss huh...pretty believable" he said laughing.

"We've kissed before....for practice" I said.

"Wanna practice again?" he asked stepping closer to me.

I put my hand on his chest "I'm good...Thanks" 

He held my hand and looked at me "Oh right were still "Friends Only". I forgot" 

"It doesn't seem like you want to be friends anymore" I replied walking past him.

"Oh no I do...You don't seem to wanna date or anything so friends is alright with me" he replied.

"I just don't wanna be the next girl your seen with and then your gone" I said.

"Chloe your more than the next girl....your someone special. I've never felt this way about any girl before" he said standing right behind me "I love you Chloe"

"You mean that...?" I asked keeping my back turned.

"Of course I mean it" he answered " and to prove it...Chloe will you come with me to the dance next month?"

"We'll see" I said smiling and grabbing my purse, walking out of the theater. 

Kyle....

I told her I loved her and I was honest with her. I asked her to the dance and she said "We'll see" that means she will think. Maybe the friendship thing can become something bigger.....Maybe tomorrow I should surprise her at lunch and take her down to the beach again, she loved it there last time.