Chapter Thirteen...Suddenly Not Feeling Well

Chloe....

I walked outside onto my balcony and looked out at my front yard. The sun was shinning and birds were singing like they do every morning. As I turned around to feel the wind in my hair, I heard something crash in my father's room. I ran to his bedroom and found him laying on the floor. I shock him awake as a tear dripped down my cheek. He looked at me and tried to breath, but it was faint "...Daddy"

His eyes closed and his head fell back. I shock my head and ran to the kitchen and dialed 911. The phone rang and rang, then finally someone picked up and spoke to me "Hello how may we help you?"

"It's...my..my father. Somethings...wrong. He won't breath...and" I mummbled trying to speak.

"Ok sweetheart calm down, we are sending an ambulance over right away. What's your address?" asked the man on the phone.

"181 Sunset Blvd" I replied opening the front door.

"K sweetheart listen to me. I want you to stay on the phone with me until the ambulance arrives" he told me.

I started to cry "Ok"

"How old are you sweety?" he asked calmly.

"...16" I answered starting to shack.

"Are you home alone...or is your mother there with you and your father?" he asked.

I paused for a moment, bringing the phone away from my ear. After a second of catching my breathe, I answered him "I don't have a mother. She died when I was little" 

There was silence on the other line. I tried to hold back my tears and that's when he said something again "I am so sorry. We will help your father the best we can I promise"

I heard the sirens "There...there here" I said into the phone.

"Alright sweety...don't worry. We will find a way to save your father" he said hanging up. I ran to the people standing in my doorway and told them he was upstairs. They ran up, leaving me on the floor crying. A few moments later, Kyle ran into my house after seeing the ambulance. I looked up at him, with watery eyes and tears down my cheek. He bent down and leaned into me, as I hugged him tightly "What happened? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine...It's...It's my father" I replied crying harder "He just collasped on the floor" I continued putting my arms around Kyle still crying.

"Hey look at me..It's ok. There going to fix him. I promise you everything will be fine" he said whispering into my ear.

"I just want him to be ok" I said looking at him, with the tears running down my cheeks. As Kyle looked behind him, my dad was being carried down the stairs in a gurney. I stood up and walked slowly over to him, holding his hand while Kyle stood behind me. My father's eye opened and looked at me "Chloe" 

"Dad I'm here...it's ok" I said holding back my tears. 

 "Chloe...." he said holding my hand "Chloe I need you to be strong, for me" mummbled my father holding my hand tightly and turning his head too look at me.

"I'll try dad...I promise" I said kissing his hand.

"I'll help too" said Kyle leaning over my shoulder.

I leaned back into Kyle's chest and put my hand ontop of his on my shoulder. They wheeled my father out of my house and into the ambulance. I stood in the doorway watching the ambulance drive away, the sirens getting further and further away. Kyle put his arms around my waist and kissed my neck, trying to calm me down. I sighed and turned to face him, putting my arms around his head "Normally that would make me happy....but it's not working right now"