Chapter - 9

Song: Automaton - Jamiroquai

Lena's P.O.V.

When I woke up the next day, Marc was sprawled on top of me, his drool dripping on my cheek.

Ew. That's so gross.

I tried to roll out but, his huge body weight was hindering me.

"Marc" I poked his cheek.

He stirred and opened his one eye. I scowled at him "Your drool is covering my cheek. Get off you nasty wolf."

He looked at my left cheek and wiped it off with his shirt and got off of me.

"Finally" I said as I got up and stretched my limbs. "Good morning to you too" he mumbled sleepily beside me.

"You're quite a heavy sleeper" I remarked as I opened the zip of our tent.

"Yeah" he croaked. The moment I stepped outside the tent, I saw Jace standing their tapping his foot on the ground. Once he saw me, he narrowed his eyes and came towards me.

"What's up?" I joked.

"You slept with him?" He asked shocked gesturing towards Marc who was getting out of the tent.

"You're saying as if I have rabies or something" he muttered irritated and started folding the tent. I stifled a laugh.

Jace rolled his eyes and looked at me. "He didn't try anything with you, did he?" He asked narrowing his eyes at Marc.

Marc stopped folding the tent and gave him a murderous glare.

"I'm not a low life, thank you very much" he said sarcastically and stomped away.

I sighed "Jace, he's the opposite of Alexander. He would never hurt me. He did get many chances to do that but he never tried anything."

"So, I never met your mate..."

"Come on, let me introduce you to her" he said dragging me along with him.

His mate Alessia was nice but there was something off about her. I shook off those thoughts as my social anxiety.

We started trekking towards the hill and I was flanked by Sean and Casey of course. As usual Olivia was latched on Alexander. All along the way she kept giving me dirty glances.

I think she got over her trauma of me confessing my feelings for her. Just thinking about her face that day made me snicker.

We stopped in the afternoon to take some rest and I was wandering around when I saw backs of two dark haired men and my eyes widened. I would recognise those two idiots anywhere!

I started taking slow steps backwards and I was thankful their back was facing me. Suddenly, one of them turned around and looked at me. His face lit up like Cheshire Cat and he nudged his twin beside him.

I started running backwards and then, turn around and ran fast trying to outrun them.

Within fifteen seconds I was tackled to the ground with those two on top of me.

I groaned in pain as they got up and pulled me along with them. "Clearly, she isn't happy to see us here" The identical twins muttered at the same time.

Nathaniel and Noah, both of them are Xavier's cousin's sons. She is mated to someone in the royal family and these two are a royal pain in the ass.

The reason I ran away as soon as I saw them is the fact that they have a strange obsession of making my life a living hell. At least, that's what I understood after I met them four years ago. That was the first and the last time I met them, until now.