Chapter - 29

Song: Apologize - Timbaland ft. One Republic

Lena's P.O.V.

The light of my room was switched on and I saw Jace staring at me. I waited for him to start some lecture but he just stayed quiet.

I slowly got off the bed and hugged him and he hugged me back. "We were so worried about you. I went to the Vampire King's Palace along with Dad and Sean. He told us that Dmitri wasn't with him." I smiled when he called Xavier 'Dad.'

He looked at me "I just came to check how you were doing. Are you ok? Did he do anything to you?"

"I'm alright, Jace" I smiled at him tiredly.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Take care" he kissed my forehead and went outside.

I went back to bed and closed my eyes but I kept tossing and turning even though I felt dead tired.

There was this nagging feeling in my gut which told me something was watching my every move. I turned my bedside lamp on and looked around my room. Nothing, there is no one.

The door to my room opened slowly and in came my father. "What's wrong, Lena?" He asked as he sat beside me on my bed.

"I can't sleep. I feel as if I'm being watched but there's nothing here" I tell him, confused.

"If it helps, I can stay here until you fall asleep" he smiled at me affectionately. "No one is going to harm you as long as I'm alive."

"Why am I feeling watched? Aren't gut feelings always true?" I asked him.

"It's because you just got new strengths handed to you all at once. I'm sure you can hear what Luke's doing in his room easily right now" he explained "The reason of you feeling watched could be just an owl sitting on the tree outside of your window. You are just overwhelmed. It happened with Luke as well."

I nodded my head at him "Okay. How did you cope with it?"

"Your grandfather helped me. That's a story for another time. Try to sleep, Lena. I'll be here until you fall asleep" he ruffled my hair.

"Thank you, Dad. Good night" I got inside my blankets and closed my eyes.

The next day I woke up late for school. I could skip but I didn't want to because it is my last year in school and also winter break starts in two weeks.

I ran downstairs and Mom & Dad looked at me "I'm late for school! Luke my chauffeur, where are you?!"

"He has gone out for some work. Lincoln can drop you to school" My father said.

"Can't I go by myself?" I asked him.

"No way" My mother huffed and my father looked at me apologetically.

"Isn't Dmitri dead now? That was one time Mom. I don't need to be babysat all the time" I argued.

"Dmitri wasn't our only enemy. Anyone could be after you since you are fully fit to be a hunter now. We are going to 'babysit' you until you are trained well enough with your new strengths. I'm not looking forward to lose my child" my mother said and I nodded my head at her slowly.

"Can't you drop me?" I asked looking at my father.

"I have an important meeting, love. I'm sorry I can't" he said and I looked down defeatedly. Lincoln is the only option now. I was too embarrassed to face him. I didn't listen to him when he wanted to come along with me to jog.

I got out of the house and saw him already standing beside his car.

He got inside the car as soon as he saw me and I settled myself on the passenger seat.