Chapter - 28

Song: Love Is The Name - Sofia Carson

Lena's P.O.V.

A moment later, Dmitri came out of the woods from the other side of the road. He looked fine except for a few, almost healed scratches on his head and arms. I noticed a bit of dried blood on his lips. He must have drank from someone to regain his strength.

Marc came and stood protectively in front of me, blocking my view.

"Ran straight into her mate's arms" I was surprised that I could hear Dmitri mutter quietly when he was standing far away from me.

"Now, sweetheart you fooled me good but I am back here and I won't go away until I have you" I heard him say.

"I told you to mind your own business, Dmitri. I'm going to end you today" I heard Alexander say.

He can't do that. It might start a war because Dmitri is the prince of vampires. His pack would have to suffer because of me. If it comes to kill Dmitri, I would like to do it myself, someday.

"Lena! Can you hear me?! I can't link you" I heard Luke's frantic voice in my head.

Somehow, I am able to link him now.

"Luke! Dmitri kidnapped me but I escaped. I'm at Alexander's pack" I replied.

"We are coming!" I heard him say and then, the link ended because I couldn't focus. I didn't have much energy left, thanks to my transition into a hunter and having eaten nothing.

"Men" Dmitri hollered and then I heard quiet rustling in the woods.

"Why couldn't I smell them?" I heard Isaac ask Marc.

"I don't know. I could neither smell nor sense them" Marc said to him.

"Even Alex could not" Marc spoke after sometime. "I think we all have an idea who did this."

"You always play dirty, Dmitri" Marc taunted and I heard Dmitri scoff.

"You have been doing nothing but, spreading nuisance since your birth just like your father" Alexander gritted out.

I poked Marc's back to get his attention and he turned to look at me "Don't let him kill Dmitri."

"Why?" He scowled.

"It's going to start a war, Marc. Use your brain for your own betterment once" I said to him and he looked at me offended.

"So what if it starts a war? You are Alexander's mate and this pack's responsibility. We shall always protect our Luna."

"What?! No, Olivia is. Listen we don't have time for this, you can't kill him. If anyone were to kill him, that would be me or someone from my family because-"

He cut me off "Look Lena, I don't think my hot headed brother is going to listen to either of us."

"I will make him" I said and tried to go around but he didn't let me. "I'll tell you the truth, everyone dislikes Dmitri. It would be better if he just stops existing."

I gaped at him and he held me in a tight grip. He was careful not to squeeze hard. "You are going to stand here safe by my side."

"What about Alexander? There are like more than ten of his men excluding Dmitri" I said and he smirked.

"Believe me, being a hybrid has its perks."

Suddenly, I heard bones cracking and I squeezed my eyes shut. The horrifying sight and the sound of bones cracking still makes me feel uneasy.