Chapter - 17

Song: Stereo Love - Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina

I'm really grateful for more than 1K views and to anyone who's given this book a try. 🤗

Lena's P.O.V.

When I woke up I found myself on my bed and my head throbbed like it had been hit by a bat many times.

But when I remembered what led to my condition, all I felt was betrayal and anger. Luke knew and so did Marc! How could they do this to me and Lincoln! Who does he thinks he is?!

All of them are traitors!

Suddenly, I put all the pieces together. This was planned! That's the only reason Marc was here.

Why did he even agree?

I groaned and rubbed my throbbing head. I made my way down the stairs and stopped when I heard worried voices talking quietly. I cupped my ear.

".... we shouldn't have done that..." I heard Cindy's voice.

".... but she would have never agreed to it... she's going to hate me now...." Luke said with a hoarse voice.

"What were you thinking, Luke?!" I heard my father, barely controlling his anger.

"What if she decides to leave us?" I heard my mother ask, anxious.

It was dead silent after that for a minute.

"We really shouldn't have done that without her consent...." I heard my brother sighing frustrated.

"You are saying that now?" I heard my father challenge.

"But, we had to. In a week, everyone would know that we exist—"

"Why would you even reveal that?" I interrupted Luke as I leaned on the doorway, not wanting to enter the living room.

I was still fuming that he didn't respect me enough to understand what I went through in the past and I didn't want to blast on anyone, especially him. Everyone snapped their heads in my direction and when they looked at my appearance, relief flooded on their faces seeing that I was alright.

"We would have to sooner or later because what we do can't be hidden. We serve justice" Luke told me standing up looking apprehensive "That's why we wanted your fear of werewolves to go away. Once people get the news, there will be enemies and we don't want you to get hurt."

"What's the hurry?" I asked feeling my anger surface and my ears getting hot.

"Mate ball is the only place where all species gather to find their mates. It's the best time to let people know that we are alive-"

"That's all you care about?" I whispered harshly feeling my cheeks getting hot.

"I'm sorry if you feel that way-"

"Stop saying that when you don't mean it" that's all I said feeling hurt as I backed up and went out of the house.

I have always avoided lashing out on people in anger.

I went in the backyard and laid on the grass looking at the stars. I sighed and closed my eyes trying to calm my raging mind.

I know what he's doing here is to ensure my own safety and I do want to get rid of my own fear because I feel pathetic but shouldn't he have at least told me? Or just asked me? I would have been a little prepared.

What if Marc had lost his control on his wolf somehow and ripped me apart? I shook my head. No he wouldn't have. He would never do that.

But, he didn't listen when you asked him to back away Lena, my conscience mocked me.