Chapter - 14

Song: Find You - Nick Jonas

Lena's P.O.V.

Of course, I forgive them. It isn't like they didn't want me. It was quite the opposite of what I thought.

Because of me, they had their own life endangered. They had to go into hiding because of me.

"It wasn't your fault that the bastard wanted you. Don't blame it on yourself.." Luke muttered lowly making everyone look at him.

He read my mind again.

I gave him an accused look and in return he smiled sheepishly.

"I forgive you" I whispered looking at my mother and father in their eyes before looking down again.

She started sobbing uncontrollably when and my father started rubbing circles on her back trying to calm her down.

Seeing her condition, my eyes welled up with tears and I gulped.

In an attempt to lighten the atmosphere I said "If you hadn't done what you did, I wouldn't have met this amazing family here" I smiled looking towards the people who are my life.

"It isn't like you had a choice, you did what you had to. The occasion called for it" I added further, whispering.

Hearing this Alexander looked at me proudly. Luke was grinning ear to ear, probably hearing my thoughts.

I needed to learn how to read his mind and and how to not let him read my mind.

One thing which I couldn't ignore was the fact that if they hadn't left me in an orphanage, I wouldn't have met my wonderful family. I wouldn't have met Mom, Jace, Xavier and cute little Bryce.

After having promised that they would come back to meet me tomorrow and to discuss something important, they went home and so did Alexander since it was late at night.

Currently, we all sat in silence, all of us feeling exhausted.

Noah was trying to doze off on Nate's shoulder but, he pushed him back which resulted in him falling off the couch.

The thump sound of him falling on the floor made everyone look at him and I started laughing.

Soon everyone joined and even Noah grinned.

I yawned and stood up. I walked towards my Mom and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry for making you cry. Even though you aren't my biological mother, you would always be my Mom. I love you, Mom" I murmured on her shoulder with my eyes closed.

She hugged me back rubbing my back "I love you too, baby" she kissed my cheek. "It's okay, you took it so well, I'm glad you are my daughter."

I broke the hug and smiled at her. I turned towards the guys and apologised embarrassed "I'm sorry for reacting the way I did... I shouldn't have shut myself out in my room after I found out...."

Xavier smiled at me saying what I did was normal and I needed space.

Jace, Nate & Noah hugged me and then we all went to sleep.

The next day in the morning I felt someone brushing my hair with their fingers and I peeled my one eye open to see my biological mother sitting on the side of my bed, smiling down at me.

They must have come back while I was sleeping.

I looked at the clock to see it was one in the afternoon and I jumped out of my bed. I had skipped school!