Chapter - 10

Song: Stronger - Kelly Clarkson

Lena's P.O.V.

Alexander turned his head sharply towards Nate & Noah and glared at them not letting me go from his hold.

Both of them smirked and looked at each other and the next second I was pulled out of Alexander's hold and was sandwiched between both of them. They are both so fast, a perk of taking birth in royalty.

But a hybrid is a rarity and I still don't know what Alexander is capable of. Alexander became so mad that he shifted into a humongous black wolf with sharp silver eyes.

Seeing a wolf standing just a few feet away, my fear came back. Panicked, I started taking steps away from him. The twins noticed this and looked at me confused.

Alexander growled, his wolf's eyes looking straight at my panicked face.

The twins ignored him and started walking towards me "Lena, what's wrong with you? He can't harm his own mate. Even if he does, we won't let him" Nate said to me.

I shook my head frantically, still walking backwards. They didn't know about my fear of wolves. Suddenly, Alexander lunged at both of them while they had their backs to him.

I screamed and they got out of his way in time. Both of them now morphed into their wolves and now instead of one, I had three fighting in front of me.

I could hear my pulse in my ear and my trembling body.

"Lena, calm down."

I heard a voice in my head. The same voice that belonged to my supposed brother. I decided to ignore it.

I had to think of something to make this stop. I need to find Jace or Sean or even Marc.

Getting a hold of myself, I started running blindly towards the campsite. When I reached there, Jace and others weren't in sight. I started panicking.

"Stop and breath. Think calmly."

The voice interrupted again. How the eff is he able to talk to me in my mind? He isn't helping!

Frantically looking around I saw Jace talking with someone and I was going to go towards him when a hand landed on my shoulder.

I jumped and looked behind me to see the twins standing with not even a scratch on their body.

"A-Are you guys okay? Where is h-he?"

"Your lover boy has some temper problems. Oh and we found out he's a god damned hybrid and here I thought that those kinda things were extinct" scoffed an irritated Noah.

Nate glared at him "We took care of him besides we wanted to ask something. Why were you so afraid of him?"

"Yeah, like you were with him when we arrived but, when he shifted into a wolf you panicked and ran away" Noah told me narrowing his eyes at me.

I started to think of an excuse because I didn't want them to know of my weakness. They had made enough fun of me when I was younger and I still didn't trust them on this. Granted they saved me from Alexander's wrath but, what is the guarantee they still wouldn't turn back to their 'bully' ways with me?

"She's afraid of wolves and that's all you need to know for future reference" came Jace's voice from beside me.

"And why is she afraid of us?" Nate arched a brow.

"Something happened in the past which we shouldn't bring up now for her sake and Lena, I need to know what happened just now" Jace said in a stern voice.

After reluctantly explaining everything that happened, I headed to my tent for sleep.

When I opened the zip, Marc was already there, asleep. Maybe he's just really tired after the game which knocked out my breath.

I silently crawled up to the space next to him.

Marc opened up his eyes and turned towards me. "I know what happened today" he stated.

"I'm sorry about what Jace said to you this morning and also about the stupid royal twins" I apologised to him completely ignoring what he said.

He got the hint and nodded. He unzipped the tent and went somewhere.

I was so exhausted with running, I turned to my side and tried to sleep. A few minutes later I heard Marc entering and zipping the tent up.

I suddenly remembered to set the alarm for morning and turned around to take my phone but, then I saw Alexander propped up on his elbow staring at me.

My eyes widened and I rolled away from him as far as I could.

"Why are you here?" I spat.

He rose a brow "You aren't afraid of me now. I wonder what changed" he mocked.

"Either you get out or I'm going. Where's Marc the traitor?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I just wanted to talk" said Alexander as he made himself comfortable inside my tent.

"About what?"

"Us."

"There's no 'us'" I scoffed.

He gripped my hand and jerked me towards him which had me landing on top of him.

"You don't feel any of it?" he asked me referring to the warmth and sparks. I rolled from top of him but he caught me pulled me against his chest.

"Stop pulling me closer. I don't like you" I said trying to push him away.

"And why don't you like me?" He asked amused.

"You are always being an ass" I replied to him in a matter-of-fact tone pushing his chest away.

"Stop struggling and let me talk" he said as he flushed me into him.

I gave up trying to get free and he smiled seeing my tired & defeated face.

"Do you know that you're something unique" he asked me tangling his hand in my hair.

"Yeah, I know I'm unique because I have an ass of a hybrid as a mate and I think he should consider going to a psychiatrist" I said, glaring at him.

He completely ignored my act of defiance "You are my mate and I know you aren't completely human."

"What are you up to?" I asked him perplexed.

First, the guy in the forest who claims to be my brother and then, my so called mate.

"Being the only hybrid in this world and your mate, gives me the power of sensing things which others can't and I know there's something else about you."

"What does it have to do with you even if I'm not human?" I arched a brow, not believing a word coming out of his mouth.

"Everything. You belong to me" he replied in an obvious tone.

"You have Olivia. Get the eff out of here" I replied annoyed.

"No can do."

"Your brother is nice. You should really consider learning something from him" I gave him some free advice.

"I haven't even marked Olivia" he told me.

"Look, I don't care about you and her. You just need to be away from me and that is it. Why don't you just mate with her and our bond will be broken. That's how things work in your world, right?"

"I will never do that."

"You're deceiving her then."

"I don't need to explain myself. Eventually, we will be together" he said as he kissed my cheek letting his lips linger there.

Warmth spread throughout my face and he hugged me tightly to his body.

"You are the most confusing person I have ever met" I said, struggling against his hold.

"I wish I could tell you" I heard him whisper.

A/N: Consider tapping on the 'Vote' option below.