Chapter - 22

Song: In My City - Priyanka Chopra ft. Will.i.am

Lena's P.O.V.

          I quickly unlocked the car and just as my leg went out of the door, the stranger held my left arm tightly and yanked me inside, making me close the door.

"Who are you?" I asked feeling, my heart pounding in my chest. I tried to pull my arm out of his grasp and surprisingly he let me. I quickly glued my back to the window creating space between us.

The stranger looked at me and smiled creepily "So you are real. Our father wasn't feeding us stories."

What is he talking about?

Suddenly, I remembered a power of mine. Twin link.

"Luke! I need your help! Right now!" I shouted in my mind but got no response in return. God damn it! I don't know how to mind link him.

All this time he could hear me because he was always reading my mind and he promised me he would not do that again.

I don't know how to initiate a link!

"You here?" The man raises his brow at me and I nodded.

He ran a hand through his orange coloured hair. Maybe he dyed it?

"I see you have no powers for now otherwise you would have made a move on me already" he said as he eyed my left arm.

He knows that I stand no chance against him but I'm not going to let him intimidate me. "Why are you here? How did you even get inside when I locked the car? Who are you?" I asked the most basic questions as I inched my hand slowly behind my back towards the handle.

He loosened his tie and sighed. Is this man returning from a party or a meeting? Because normal people don't go around wearing expensive tux.

"I'm Prince Dmitri and I just wanted to see if what my father told us about was true or not and let me tell you seeing a royal hunter alive is a big surprise for me" he said as he poked the symbol on my arm.

He's the son of the man who wanted me! Didn't Luke say that the current King does not know about us? How did his brother find out?

"You done checking? You can leave now" I gave him a fake smile.

"You think that I'm going to leave when I just found you? I'd like to show you to my father and my sibling" he grinned.

This made my blood boil "I'm not a fucking shiny medal you would like to show to your family and to meet your father? The man who had his own kids yet he wanted or who knows still wants to produce powerful heirs with me?" I spat venomously.

He looked genuinely surprised. What now?!

My gaze fell on my reflection and I saw that my eyes were glowing gold while my symbol flared up intensely.

Since Dmitri was busy staring at me, I quickly turned around and jumped out of the car. I still do not have the speed or the strength which comes with being a royal hunter.

I ran in my home's direction but out of nowhere I collided with someone's body and the person steadied me. I looked up to see my father standing there, eyes glowing gold and fangs poking out of his mouth.

My eyes widened. Fangs.

"I don't know you but let me take a wild guess here. You are Michael Halle?" Came Dmitri's nonchalant voice from behind me. My father pushed me behind him protectively and I saw Dmitri perched on the bonnet of Luke's car.