Chapter - 26

Song: Pray To God - Calvin Harris ft. Haim

Lena's P.O.V.

The following day, I didn't have school but I still woke up early at six in the morning because of the sound of my father training.

I got up and decided to go jogging. We don't have any neighbours. Our house is practically the only one here with open field surrounding which turns into a forest after a kilometre.

"You are up early on a weekend" My mother commented when I reached downstairs.

"I want to sleep more but I can't so I decided to go for a jog" I told her and she smiled at me.

"That's good for your health. Why don't you take-"

"Don't ask me to take anyone with me because I won't" I cut her off "I'll be fine by myself. You just need to trust me, Mom."

She looked taken aback but nonetheless she nodded at me "Alright, just take care of yourself Lena."

I smiled at her and got outside ready to start my morning jog.

"Where are you going?" I heard a deep voice ask and I mentally face palmed myself. Not him at this time.

I turned around to face Lincoln and gave him a tight lipped smile "Just for a morning jog."

"Since when did you start going for morning jogs?" He asked. He was shirtless and sweat glistened his muscular body.

"Since now" I replied calmly. He isn't someone I should answer to.

"Wait for a minute, I'm coming with you-"

"No, I'm going alone" I deadpanned.

He narrowed his eyes at me "Have you forgotten that Dmitri's after you and he can-"

"Look, I think I have trained enough now to defend myself from him. You just need to trust me" I said my temper suddenly rising and the symbol burning my skin.

I understood where my parents and he come from but they also need to give me some time alone. They can't save me from every disaster which is bound to happen to me. How would I become independent if they kept volunteering to be my personal body guard?

Isn't it supposed to be another way around that I get to help people and serve justice? I ignored his surprised expression and started my jogging.

After almost forty minutes of jogging I stopped beside a tree and looked at the view. It was beautiful, with trees around and cool breeze flowing.

Suddenly, my eyes fell on a bush and then a wolf pup came out of it.

It can't be here alone.

My guess was correct. I saw a rogue coming out of the very same bush and licking the pup. It's her child. Sensing me around, the rogue snapped its head in my direction and stared at me.

I stilled for a moment when I remembered what went down the last time I was in the vicinity of a rogue. The rogue wolf continued staring at me with its familiar orange tinged eyes.

I held its stare and then I put my hands up in surrender, showing I meant no harm. Werewolves are extra wary of their pups.

I then started jogging back to home. I abruptly stopped when I heard a swoosh from my left. My gut feeling told me that a certain someone is here and I am in trouble.

"Dmitri, I know you are here" I said out aloud and I heard someone chuckle.

"That used to me now?" I heard him ask as he came out from his hiding which was a thick tree.

"Why don't you just leave me alone? That way we can save from you possibly getting killed just because you wanted to rule the world" I said and he looked surprised.

"You have gotten quite braver since the last time I saw you" he commented.

"Thanks" I said and he looked amused.

"Men" he hollered and more than a dozen vampires came out of hiding.

I couldn't feel their presence before. How did they do that? Do they know some kind of magic?

"I might need a little help here" I twin linked Luke.

"I am coming" I heard Luke in my head.

Should have accepted your mom's and Lincoln's help. My conscience mocked.

Why is it that every time I try to do something by myself it doesn't ends well and I end up embarrassing myself? Then no one believes in me and forbids me to do anything by myself.

I looked at all the muscular men with blood red eyes "What are they doing here?"

"Oh honey, they are just here to make sure that you end up with me this time" Dmitri answered bored.

"Oh look, who's here to join us?" I fell for his trick and looked back hoping to see Luke but instead I felt a sharp pain in my neck and then I lost my consciousness.

I woke up feeling my whole body aching with pain. I looked around to see that I am on a bed and my ankle is tied to the bed post.

I underestimated Dmitri. He is a vampire prince, he can't be that dumb.

The door opened and revealed Dmitri. He grinned at me when he saw I am awake. "How do you feel?"

"Perfect" I gritted.

He rolled his eyes and took a seat in front of me "It wasn't hard to bring you here and here I thought I'd have to go through hell."

"Luke"

I tried to twin link him but got no response in return.

"Oh and don't try to contact your twin" smiled Dmitri "I blocked him for you."

How did he manage to do that? How does he even knows that I can twin link him?

"Whose room is this?" I asked abruptly and he raised a brow at me.

"None of your business" he answered.

"I have to use the washroom" I said and he narrowed his eyes "Do you take me for a fool, Lena?"

"Well, if you think that about yourself then I can't quite change it...."

He stared at me blankly "Fine, you can use the washroom." He got up and broke the bed post and my eyes widened "What was that?"

"Don't you want to use the bathroom?" He mocked.

"Yeah but you could have just well, free me from this chain instead of breaking your bed?" I asked.

"Just get your business done" he snapped.

I got up and walked towards the door pointed by Dmitri. I had to drag that heavy chain with me. Once I got inside I locked the washroom from inside.

Now, how do I escape?

"Luke!" I tried again but got no response from him.

I looked around the washroom but found nothing which could help me escape. There isn't even a little window in here.

"Are you done finding things to escape?" Dmitri mocked from outside the door.

I sighed irritated and went to open the door but suddenly I felt like I was burning in fire and I collapsed on the tiled floor.

Oh no, not here.

I sealed my lips shut so that I don't scream from the boiling pain which was getting worse.

"What's taking you long? I swear if this is one of your fucking trick.." I heard Dmitri curse outside.

The door was knocked down by him and he looked shocked for a moment and then he kneeled beside me.

"What's happening to you?" He asked.

He touched my forehead and then winced "You're literally burning."

He looked at my symbol and then in my eyes. "I think I do have an idea what's going on...." he trailed off "I hope you are able to survive it."

He went out, leaving me on the floor in pain.