Chapter - 15

Song: Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons

Lena's P.O.V.

This whole week in school, I ignored Alexander.

It isn't like we have anything. It tugs my heart just a little because he wouldn't want to be with someone like me. I clearly know his problem isn't with me being human since he knows I'm no human.

The concept of mates is beautiful and one would forever wish they could have someone to love them for as long as they live.

He is making me feel things now I never imagined. He supported me when I needed someone and now I can't help but think about him. 

He is so confusing. He's affectionate towards me but he always keeps Olivia close.

I feel rejected.

Maybe it is the bond making me feel these things.

Even when it's Saturday today, we have to go the grand hall to help decorating it. Mate ball is next weekend and I have to shift with my new family tomorrow.

This is going to be another long day. I got out of bed grudgingly and took a shower.

Thankfully, I have been packing this whole week, a little everyday so that I don't have to rush tomorrow.

After having breakfast, me and Jace took off for the grand hall together.

"You finished packing?" He asked as he turned the steering wheel.

"Yeah, you could say that. How is Alissa doing?" I asked him changing the topic.

"She's good."

Even though we went to the same school, I never really mingled with her. I always get a gut feeling around her that she doesn't likes me so I don't bother to talk to her.

When we reached there, I found Sean & Casey standing there waiting for us as always. I'm really thankful for those two.

Sometimes their public display of affection gets too much but I can't blame them. Wolves have mates for a reason.

I spotted Nate perched on the top of an unusually high ladder decorating the top of the pillar with lights. Below him on the same ladder was Noah decorating the same pillar with different coloured lights.

Noah spotted me and waved. He needed my help so I climbed on the same ladder and helped him handling them to decorate the pillar.

Sometime in between decorating the huge pillar, I noticed Marc standing below us, decirating the pillar with flowers.

Suddenly, Noah lost his balance and started to fall down. My eyes widened and I tried to get out of his way but, there was no other way than to jump and I couldn't jump from such a height.

Noah took me down with him and we fell on top off Marc with me sandwiched in between them. Both of them groaned and I couldn't even make a sound because my breath got knocked out of me with Noah's heavy weight.

I felt dizzy.

I heard Nate's loud laughter from top of the pillar but it was abruptly cut short and then I felt one more body slamming on top of us.

I was going to pass out because of both of the twins' weight. The three of them groaned and I whimpered in Marc's neck due to pain and little oxygen going in my body.

"Shit" I heard Jace & Sean curse at the same time somewhere around us.

Both of them literally pulled the twins from top of my body and I pulled myself away from top of Marc's body and sprawled on the floor like a starfish breathing heavily.