Playful | 11. Suicide

H Y E J E O N G ' S  P . O . V

I stood beside the window and gazed on the buildings that stand as a view of my room. It has been another lonely day. I've been staying on my room constantly for a week. Eating less. Sleepless. Loveless.

The horrible feeling was consuming me that I have to take a sick leave.

The substitute teachers took my class. I wasn't feeling well and not having Jisoo around was a torture. I wanted to talk to him, but I knew that he would be worry about me. He might even flew back from his honeymoon earlier if he heard about my case.

His friends, Seungcheol and Jun particularly, has been visiting me daily even though I never opened the door for them. I didn't want to deal with troublemakers.

I placed my left hand on the glass of the window and gazed at it. A ring would be better around it. Next thing I knew, tears were falling from my eyes.

My dreams were all wrecked.

And I'm alone in this world.

I made a huge decision.

I have to take my life.

I rushed in my kitchen and found a bottle of medicine on the top shelf. I couldn't reach it so I pulled a chair to step on it. Jisoo hid all the sharp knives before he flew to Canada.

My tears just wouldn't stop and my hands were shaking as I open the cap of the bottle. I didn't even think of going down from the chair. Standing on the seat, I grabbed a handful of the medicine without any doubt, ready to feed it to myself. So when I collapsed from being overdosed, my head might even cracked from hitting the floor.

Before I could bring myself to the dark side, somebody pulled me from my current position. And I fell into a very familiar warm and scent.

"What do you think you are doing?" He asked me softly when he hugged me tightly.

Jeonghan.

How did he enter in the house?

My arms automatically wrapped around his and I cried harder.

Even with my blurred vision, I could tell that it was Jun and Scoups who entered the kitchen.

Seungcheol snatched me away from Jeonghan when he noticed that I was starting to breathe erratically despite of my nonstop crying.

"What the----" Jeonghan was still surprised.

"Joshua leaves the injection at his cabinet." I heard Seungcheol mumbled  when Jun passed to him the said item, I fell for unconsciousness again.

-------------------

J E O N G H A N

"W-what did you do?" I asked them as they silently tucked her to bed. They weren't even shocked that she was acting that way.

I've found out that he skipped a lot of classes, so I decided to pay her a visit even she didn't like it. I accidentally met Jun and Seungcheol at her door.

They knew where she was staying while I have to hire  investigator to find where.

I was thinking of surprising her with all the gifts that I brought, but she had shocked me when I witnessed her nearly take her life.

"I don't think it's a good idea to tell Joshua about this." Jun whispered, completely ignoring my question.

"We take Hyejeong's condition very light. If we didn't barge in, Joshua will witness a corpse when he gets back." Seungcheol added. Their eyes were glued to the girl who was resting peacefully. BY NOW.

"What is happening?"  I asked again. I was worried when I heard about her condition. Was there any problem about her health? Didn't Joshua take good care of her?

My fist clenched, yet I couldn't complain when she chose to stay with him.

" Hyejeong has been depressed lately. And when it happens, she tends to hurt herself or kill herself."

"No worries, she's not dying nor even crazy. She's just extremely lonely."

"She's been like that after her pregnancy."

"It must be really hard for her to raise our child alone." I whispered very low, not wanting the boys would know about it.

"It is very hard for us to see her like that." Seungcheol added, gazing sadly over Hyejeong.

Yes, she lost her shine just to make everyone twinkles.

"I wish we can have the old Hyejeong back." Jun pouted while he fixed her blanket.

"I want to try helping her to recover." I said confidently. At least I could do something for her after all her hardships on taking care of our daughter without me.

"Well, Joshua will kill you if he discover about your plan." Seungcheol reminded.

"He won't know! And he won't be back after a week! Jeonghan can stay here and look for Hyejeong. Better safe, Coups." Jun backed me up miraculously.

"Just until he's gone. After that, you have to avoid her again." Seungcheol clarified.