Playful | 20. Hurt me

A pair of warm arms wrapped around my back while my head laid on his strong chest.

You could his heart beat as we both rest, the sun bounced on the window and created a warm feeling when it reflected on my skin.

It was perfect.

Almost perfect if it was only right.

The knocks on the door and the voice of my secretary have called me out of my perfect delusions, under me was Jeonghan who was snoring lightly. His pink small lips maintained to be alluring.

"Ms. Hyejeong, are you awake now?" My secretary called one last time.

"Y-yes! I'll go out after a few minutes." I answered before unwrapping myself on Jeonghan's arms.

My voice happened to wake up the guy. He faced me and gave me a wide smile.

"Why are you still here?"

"I have a good sleep." He pulled me back between his arms. "Why won't we sleep more?"

I was struggling to get out of our position, but he was not removing his hugged on me. I moved my face away and gave him a glare.

"Are you insane? Jisoo is looking for me."

His eyes softened. And slowly, he opened his arms and let me go. I stood on my feet to get a shower. I couldn't possibly go out and faced the people outside in my pjs.

After my shower and getting dressed, since there is an available bathroom in my office, I found Jeonghan sitting on the edge of the bed.

He was busy buttoning his long sleeves. His hair was still messy from waking up. Some buttons were wrong.

"Why are you still here?" I asked again. I made sure that I took my time on the bath, so that I wouldn't have to face him.

"I stayed in bed for a few more minutes." He said with a sleepy voice.

"Good thing that I don't have to drag you out." I helped him correct his buttons.

Even when my eyes were busy on his top, I could feel his piercing gaze on me. Bravely, I met his gaze and gave him a blank look.

"I have no reason to stay here. She's coming to see Jisoo." He responded seriously.

I stepped and looked away. Jeonghan was still looking at me, maybe, waiting for my reaction.

"You can leave first. I don't want to be the hot topic of their gossips this morning."

Disappointed, he left with no words.

------------------------

"I told you, Jisoo. Mei can't have my position! She's gonna be sick!" I exclaimed. I was called in Jisoo's office to be informed that I will lost my position.

It's not that I value my position. Hell, I care. This was really tiring and time consuming.

"It's time for her to understand the weight of running a business." He explained calmly.

I laughed sarcastically and opened my arms.

"Not this BUSINESS! You've known her for long. Do you really think she can make it?" I argued.

"Yes." Jisoo answered simply.

"I believe so. But not by taking such big leap. Let her start from the bottom. Then, let's rise her slowly. You know she hates me. I can make her push herself to work harder." I convinced him.