Playful | 25. Exposing the truth

I lost count on time about how long I've been staring on Jeonghan's family picture. It was our third day in the Yoon's mansion. His parents were still salty to me, but I could say that they were really trying to act like they've accepted me.

"Hey, baby. We'll go play golf. Want to join us?" Jeonghan gave my forehead a kiss and beside him was his dad.

I refused politely, excused myself for being tired.

He offered to stay with me, but I pushed him off. His father was expecting and excited to spend time with him.

Then, the room was empty once again. Silence has covered the whole space. Again, with looking in the photo. I clutched my chest and felt bitter.

Suddenly, the door opened and the person I least expect came in. I didn't know what to react. If I need to leave the room or what.

"Hyejeong. Thank you." I froze. Am I imagining things? Did I hear it right? "Jeonghan was never been this close to us. I feel like we're starting to make it up to him."

Mrs. Yoon held my hand and massaged it gently. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"I-it's nothing. He's your son. That will never change. And Jeonghan loves you much too. He respects you." Maybe, Jeonghan did despise them a little, but I sensed that he never hated them to an extent that he lost his respect to them.

"I should have done this from the start. But..." She was hesistant. "Hyejeong, please don't hurt him. Leave him."

Huh? Her words didn't make sense at all.

"E-excuse me?" How can be leaving Jeonghan will not hurt him? He loves me, of course it will hurt him!

"Leave my son! You won't make him happy! You'll just cause him a big heart break!"

My ears pounded with her screaming. My vision got hazy. It felt like I returned from the young Hyejeong who was being pushed away.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Yoon. I can't. I love Jeonghan and he loves me too." And with the same reply again.

"I know! But, what if he knows the truth? Will he still love you the same?" And his mother will insist anyway.

What's next? Being dragged by the guards?

"What truth?" It added horror when Jeonghan appeared back in the room.

And as if I was staring at him like the last time we parted ways.

I sobbed then tears followed.

Jeonghan rushed to me, enveloping me around his arms.

"I left something that's why I returned and I heard screaming. Mom, are you scaring Hyejeong again?" He exploded.

Mrs. Yoon walked towards us.

"No." She pulled us away, but Jeonghan only hugged me tighter. "I only say that to protect you." She explained when she realized that she couldn't separate us.

"You are drunk and insane!" He refused to listen because her mon is evidently had a drink. "Pack your things. We are leaving." He told me softly.

I nodded immediately. Jeonghan protected me from behind as I grabbed our bag and pushed in our clothes messily.

But her mother wouldn't just stop.

"Jeonghan, I'm only protecting you from this murderer!"

Murderer?

"Let's go." Jeonghan grabbed my hands and we marched towards the door. He was done. I knew we'll never stepped back in the house again.