Playful | 13. Chicken

I tapped the purse in my lap as I grew impatient.

"Where are we going?" I asked him for the nth time and gave him another sharp look as he busied himself on the road.

But just like his other replies, it was indefinite. I saw the side of his lips raised slightly when he heard my question.

Again.

"Isn't the road familiar with you?" He asked me and even took a glance on me when he had a chance.

I got more irritated when my question was answered by another question.

I slumped on the car seat and watched the road that we were taking, still, I have no idea where we were.

A few more moments and he parked on a lot with an empty building. He immediately got out off the car, so he could open the door for me.

I looked at him weirdly, yet he didn't seem to be bothered.

"Thank you for giving me this chance." He replied instead.

Jeonghan walked before me and I silently followed him inside the empty building. He didn't look like he planned something terrible on me.

With a few more steps to get inside, I felt that uneasy feeling. My shoulders felt heavy and tired. The feeling from almost an decade ago was suddenly being felt once again.

I was right.

"I bought the chicken restaurant where you worked before." Jeonghan walked in the middle of the room, together with me. I eyed him quietly. "It's yours now." He showed me keys, the ones he used to open the building.

"I-i don't need it." I shook my head slowly to decline and hid my fist on my back.

Why was it aching again? Maybe because we shared some memory of us in that room and that memory meant nothing for him.

And accepting such huge gift must need a favor.

No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't enter my life and wouldn't disturb my daughter.

"Of course, you don't anymore. Because I bought it for the helpless Hyejeong. Good thing, Joshua is there to take care of you." From his back facing me, he tilted his head on the side to look at me with those tantalizing eyes. Those eyes that once captured my heart and made me believe in love.

I cleared my throat and looked away. I didn't need to get carried with this frenzy.

I clenched my fist and swallowed the tiny mercy that I felt for him. He had no idea what torture he brought to me till the present time.

"When did you buy this? Yesterday when you thought of playing the past or when you saw my message on the FutureApp?" I mocked him.