Playful | 17. A Big Mistake

I silently watered the potted plants around the cabin while I reminisced the events last night.

I asked Jeonghan if he wants to experience being a father and he said that he wanted it badly. He was excited about the idea that he'll meet our daughter.

I found myself watching him sleep before I made a phone call.

"Mommy, isn't she the princess last night?" A kid passing by with her mother pointed me.

Instead of watching the movie, which was the plan, I got comfortable on Jeonghan's arm and fell asleep.

I guessed he carried me like how princes do in movies and that kid happened to see us.

I waved on the direction of the kid when Jeonghan appeared and stole a kiss on my cheeks.

"Where have you gone?" I asked him in surprise.

"I went out to buy groceries." Jeonghan lifted four plastic bags to show me.

"She's just staying for a day, Jeonghan." I reminded him. The supplies we bought before were enough for the three of us and I saw no need to buy more.

"I just want to provide anything she needs." He sulked childishly.

I followed him inside and helped him with the groceries.

"Are we having a sweet feast?" I asked him after I picked another thing related to sugar.

"I know you like it too." I rolled my eyes to him and he laughed at me.

Jeonghan froze when he heard the doorbell rang.

We both knew what's behind that door.

I ran happily and found the woman that I called last night. She was carrying a sleeping child in her arms.

"I explained everything to her last night. She was so excited that she slept late." She murmured while I carried Yebin's bag on my back.

Jeonghan was behind me, staring straightly to Yebin. He must had remembered that it was the same kid who ran to me in school.

"I'll take it from here. Thank you." I said to the woman and open my arms to carry Yebin till he went in between.

"I'll do it." He presented, carrying her gently and carefully.

I eyed them as Jeonghan watched Yebin dearly.

"You'll be fine." The woman touched my hand and gave me an assuring nod.

I asked to walk her in the hotel, but she refused. She said that I should work my relationship as a family because I have a day only.