i. Late Night D&D

The Vanishing of Will Byers : Part 1

"You hear that" Mike questions the party of Dustin, Lucas, Will and his twin sister Gabbie, as they are 10 hours into a dungeons and dragons campaign in the Wheeler's basement.

The kids look at Mike with wonder and fear in their eyes.

"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, It is coming closer" He says eyeing up everyone making sure they were paying attention. The children were eating up every word that was said. They start to move in their chairs while glancing at each other then at Mike.

"I hope it's not the demogorgan" Lucas says rubbing his head, starting to feel stressed.

"It's the demogorgan, I know it" Dustin says as he starts to freak out.

Will and Gabbie just laugh at their friends.

Mike clears his throat which gets everyone's attention on him again. Everyone waiting for what was about to hit the party.

Mike reaches behind him and slams four mini firgures on the board.

"A band of troglodytes" Mike yells. Everyone looks at each other with relief. Dustin starts laughing.

"Troglodytes really?" Dustin says taking off his hat then putting it back on.

Mike just smiles and shrugs. Then he looks behind him.

"You guys hear that?" Mike says like his worried. Everyone looks around.

"Boom, Boom, BOOM!" He yells and everyone jumps in their seats.

"That doesn't sound like troglodytes, no, that came from something else" Mike whispers to his best friends. Everyone leans in to listen what they were about to be hit with.

Mike reaches from behind his board and slams down the Demogorgan.

"The Demogorgan!" Mike yells and everyone sighs as they sit back in their chairs.

"We're in deep shit" Dustin says as he lifts his hands in the air in defeat.

"Will your action?!" Mike demands.

"Fireball him" Lucas yells.

"No, cast protection" Dustin counters him.

The two boys start to yell at each other over what Will should do.

"The Demogorgan doesn't have time for your human bickering, it drawers nearer, Will your action!" Mike yells.

"Fireball"

"Cast Protection"

Will looks over to his sister. She whispers fireball. He nods his head.

"Fireball" Will yells as he rolls his dice and with a quick motion, the dice roll off the table.

Everyone jumps out of their chairs and to the ground to find them.

Lucas looks to the left, Will looks next to the stairs, Mike looks under the stairs, Gabbie next to him, all the while Dustin is saying 'Oh my god' and pacing in the background.

From the top of the stairs the door opens and Mike's mom yells down to him.

After some yelling Mike runs upstairs to talk to his mum. While everyone searches for the dice.

"Found it" Will yells as he stands up "does a 7 count?" He questions Lucas.

"Did Mike see it?"

"No"

"Then it doesn't count" Lucas says as he grabs his bag and walks up the stairs.

Will walks over to his sister.

"Sorry I got us killed" Will says with a sigh.

"Ah, doesn't matter" Gabbie says with smile, as she punches his arm in a playful matter. "It's only a game after all."

They both laugh, as Will grabs his jacket and bag.

They both start to walk up the stairs when Dustin stops them.

"Do any of you want this?" He questions motioning to the one slice of pizza in the box.

"No!" They both yell as they walk up the stairs.

Once they got to the top of the stairs they met with Mike's mum.

"Night Mrs Wheeler" Will says as he walks past her.

"Night Will. Are you still staying the night Gabbie?"

"Yes" Gabbie says with a smile "i'm just going to say bye to the boys" she says as she walks to the garage.

As Gabbie walks out to the garage she walks onto a conversation.

"There's something wrong with your sister" Dustin says.

"What?" Mike questions him.

"She's got a stick up her butt" Dustin says. The boys laugh, but Gabbie doesn't. She likes Nancy, she's like a older sister that she never had, Nancy always looked out for her.

Gabbie puts that aside and goes up to her brother and hugs him.

"I'll see you tomorrow Will" she says with a grin.

"Yeah see ya Gabbie" Will says with a smile.

Lucas and Dustin ride off slowly.

"It was a 7" Will says out of no where. Mike turns his attention to him.

"What?"

"My roll, it was a 7, the demogorgon, It got me" Will says with a frown.

"Bye Mike, Bye Gabbie" Will says as he rides off to join up with the rest of the boys.

"Mike, Gabbie get ready for Bed" Mrs Wheeler yells to the kids.

"Come on Gabs" Mike says as they walk inside.

Mike and Gabbie have been friends for years. Best friends. They always sleepover at each other's houses and tonight was no different.

Expect it was.

Well. I love stranger things a lot.

I've watched it twice in full this week and I'm watching it all again on Saturday.

I also love Finn wolfhard.

GO SEE IT!