xxv. Goodbye Gabbie

The Upside Down : Part 2

Theres so many emotions going through my head that I don't know where to start. The pain from what I did in the pool that came back front in centre and was pounding on my head like a drum. My emotions are all over the place. Everything I knew about Mike is now going out the window, I just can't get it through my head. This morning he was willing to save my life and he told me he loved me. Now hours later he has gone and kissed another girl.

I feel physically weak to the knees as they wobble. I slowly close the door in front of me not wanting to look at Mike any longer. I just stare at the ground sill not knowing what to do. What to say. What to think. I look at the ground and see a big wet patch, I think for a second why that would be there until I feel my face. I feel streams of tears roll down my face. I'm just numb to the point where I didn't even know I was crying.

I don't want to draw attention to myself so I wait a few more seconds before opening the door and speed walking past the two kids and straight out the Cafeteria. I didn't look back, I didn't say anything. I continued to walk till I was outside and standing in the cold air. I looked the distance just wondering. What did I do wrong?

That's when feeling came back and I could feel each and every tear fall from my face to my shirt, to the ground. I'm in so much pain. I start to sob as my vision goes blurry from the amount of tears in my eyes. I back up against a wall near by as I slide down it. I hold my knees up to my chest as I hold them tight as I cry into them. I have never cried this much in my whole life. Micheal Wh-. No, I can't say his name. Not now.

This boy, he broke my heart in the worst way possible. My crush that I've had for many years broke my heart into tiny, tiny pieces.

As I continue to cry from my knees I see bright lights coming from the distance. I lift up my head and wipe the tears away. It could be Nancy and Jonathan, they could of killed the monster. It could be Hopper and Mom with Will. They could of saved him. But no, it was so much worse. It was the bad men. They found us. I quickly stand up and run inside. I had to tell them. As much I would rather kill Mike then save him, I had to tell him, I had to tell them. As I turn the corner to go into the Cafeteria I run into the man himself.

"Oh sorry Gabbie, I didn't see you there" He said avoiding eye contact with me, I wasn't even trying to look at him, I just looked at the boys as they released all the pudding onto the table with Eleven at it. I don't waste my time with Mike as I push past him and run over to the table. The boys and Eleven look up at me with smiles before it fades to expressions on concern.

"Gabbie, what's wrong" Lucas asks me.

"The bad men, They're here" I say to them. They quickly drop all the pudding, I guess Mike heard us as he ran over to us.

"Wait they're here?" Mike questioned me.

"Yes Wheeler" I say to him not even looking in his direction, I go over to Eleven and help her stand up as she still is a little weak.

"Let's go" Dustin says to all of us as the boys start to run towards the doors of the Cafeteria, with eleven and I close behind.

We started to run down the hallways, we didn't know where to go, we could hide, we could run. There's not much option when a military army is trying to find you. I hold onto Eleven hand as we trail closely behind the boys. In the distance I hear loud footsteps and older men talking. They are getting close.