XLvii. Bob Newby, Superhero

The Mind Flayer : Part 1

  Bob held Mike against the wall, keeping him from hurting the guards as he looked up at the alarm sounding off the wall. "What the hell?" He questioned as he loosened his grip on the boy, as Mike broke free. The guards had turned their attention to Gabbie for a split second, not knowing how she had managed to push one of them over before also looking at the alarm.

"We're too late." Mike stated looking Bob dead in the eyes, grabbing his arms for support, both children knew from this point onwards, it wasn't going to be an easy ride. Bob asked what Mike meant by that as Mike started to scream down the hall towards Joyce and Will that it was too late. 

Gabbie quickly ran down the hallway towards his mother, with Mike and Bob in tow. All Gabbie knew she had to protect her family with everything she could, even though she wasn't strong enough, she knew no matter what she had to keep them all safe. As Gabbie entered the room, she wiped her nose of the blood that was sliding down it.

"What's going on?" The mother questions the group as they all stopped before her, Bob looked as confused as Joyce just wanting some answers out of the children. Will laid idle in bed, watching their every moves and Gabbie could feel his lingering presence.

"We're under attack" Mike states bluntly to her, holding noting back. Joyces eyes widen as she runs her hand through her hair, looking at Gabbie almost asking her if it was true. The girl just nodded, not wanting to explain everything to her mother at this moment as the only thing running through her mind is that she could die tonight, only knowing this feeling one other time, and that night she had lost someone close to her heart, she wasn't going to let that happen again.

Mike looked around the room, walking past Joyce as his eyes landed on the bottles on the counter, which lay next to a few needles. Mike picked them up and showed them to the group. "We need to make Will sleep" Mike confirmed. Joyce, who was now comforting her son turned around to face the teenager with a confused expression. "He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster." Will immediately shot into action yelling and thrashing saying the boy was lying. Gabbie stepped towards Mike watching her brothers actions.

"He killed those soldiers. he'll kill us, too!" Mike yelled towards his mother trying to convince her of what was happening in this situation. Will continued to scream as Joyce and Bob had to hold him down, to stop him from hurting anyone.

"Mom, you know Will, He wouldn't act like this. This is not Will anymore!" Gabbie yelled towards her mother, it hurt for the girl to claim,but she had to admit to herself that the shadow monster actually got a hold of him, it was no longer Will. It something that broke her heart but she would rather have her old brother back then the monster sitting where his body was. Will continued to scream 'They're lying' until his screaming was masked by the gun shots heard down the hall. Everyone jumped as they listened to them, more importantly, how far away they were. Gabbie quickly reached out for Mike, as his hands were holding the bottle and needle she onto shirt.

"Those are gunshots1" Bob exclaimed as he looked down the hallway. But every turned their attention back to Will as his screams became louder and louder. Joyce didn't know what to do, this was her son, but she knew this couldn't be him at the moment, Gabbie was right.

"Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen." Joyce yelled towards her son to stop him screaming, he stoped for a moment as both adults held him down for safety. "Do you know who I am?" Joyce questions her son, it seemed like an obvious question but she needed to make sure there was some part of Will left, other then the monster inside him. Will seemed stumped as his breathing was the only thing heard for a few short moment, before Joyce repeated the question. Gabbie held onto Mike's shirt even harder hoping for an answer that maybe her brother was in there somewhere.