xxii. The Party is Back

The Bathtub : Part 2

The boys just continue to peddle down the road. I look back every now and again to make sure they weren't following us but I think what Eleven pulled off had scared them off. The boys decided that we will hide out at the junkyard and there we will plan what to do next to save Will and let Eleven rest up as she is barely keeping her eyes open.

Mike was the first one to ride into the junkyard. Considering we were only here yesterday it felt like a life time ago, so much has happened. Mike stops his bike infant of the bus and gets off then helps me off. Dustin and Lucas ride just behind us

"Holy... Holy shit! Did... did you see what she did to that van?" Dustin questions the group as he helps Eleven off his bike and sits her down on a rock.

"No, Dustin, we missed it" Mike said sarcastically which I chuckle at. I go and sit down next to Eleven as I start to rub her backing hoping somehow I can make her feel better and gain more energy. I really don't know, I just want to be helpful.

"I mean that was..." Dustin stammers trying to get out the last word but Lucas cuts him off.

"Awesome" He says and everyone including Eleven turn their heads towards Lucas.

"Did you just compliment Eleven?" I asked shocked, he ignores me and kneels down next to Eleven.

"It was awesome. Everything I said about you being a traitor and stuff... I was wrong" Lucas says to her and I smile at him, I'm so proud of him admitting that he was wrong about her because I believe she truly can help.

"I'm sorry" He says to her as he puts his hand on her shoulder, Eleven is quiet for a moment before saying.

"Friends... Friends don't lie, I'm sorry.. too" Eleven says to him and he smiles at her.

"Me, too" Mike says from behind us, we all look at him as he holds out his hand for Lucas to shake. Lucas stands up and walks over to Mike and shakes his hand. We did it. The party is back.

Lucas and Mike let go of the hand shake and we all sit in silence before Dustin breaks it.

"So, what do we do now?" He questions everyone.

"Lucas, did you find anything?" I question him as he thinks for a moment before running away to a junk pile. We all look at each other wondering what he is doing. Lucas comes back with a few sticks a can. He waves us all over to the middle of the ground. We all walk over as he set up the sticks to make a box.

"What is this?" Mike questions him.

"This is Randolph Road, right here" Lucas says as he draws a line in the dirt next to the long stick. "The Fence starts here, and goes all the way around" He says as he draws a circle around everything and places his stick next to the others. "And this is the lab right here" He says as he places the can in the middle of the circle of sticks. "The gate's gotta be in there somewhere" Lucas says as he sits back.

"So you tracked the compass to the lab?" I question him. He nods his head.

"I went around the whole and fence and it all lead to inside" Lucas says to us and I nod my head. How do we get in a lab?

"Well, who owns Hawkins lab?" Dustin questions Lucas.

"The sign says 'Department of energy'" Lucas says to him.