xxxix. It Got Me

Will the Wise : Part 2

Not a word was said on the drive back to the Byers' household. They sat in the sound of the car driving at above the speed limit. The Twins sat on the back not looking at one another, not wanting to talk about what just happened. Gabbie looked at her hands just feeling weird. She pressed her thumbnail into her index finger, what she would do to get Will's attention, it always worked. It was their method of letting each other know they weren't feeling so good. But, when Gabbie did it this time, she looked over to Will and he had no response. Gabbie pushed her nail deeper into her skin, soon drawing blood, but Will didn't even move. Gabbie looked away from Will and looked ahead. Something wasn't right.

When the Byers got home Joyce sat them at the dinning table and quickly made them both, and herself a cup of tea, to see if she could calm them down a little, but neither of the children touched their drink as Joyce decided to try and get some answers is to what happened out there on the field. 

"So, can you two tell me what happened?" Joyce asked softly. Gabbie just looked to the floor, not actually knowing what happened, all she knew was that Will had an episode and something has gone wrong.

"I can't remember" Will says looking at the table. Joyce sighs getting nothing from her children.

"I need you to try" She said rubbing her arm and looking at the children sitting next to her. Will and Gabbie sat at the end of the table together while Joyce side on to them. Will sat closest to his mom while Gabbie sat next to Will.

"I... I was on the field and... and then it... it all just went blank, and... and then you were there." Will sums up the events, but Gabbie wasn't believing it, she saw Will running from something in his episode, like what happened the night before.

"Will, I need you to tell me the truth" Joyce says calmly to him.

"I am" Will stutters on his response.

"You were running from something Will, I saw you, then in the field, something happened, something powerful that made me pass out" Gabbie spoke up still looking down at the table.

"That's all you know Gabbie?" Joyce questions her, Gabbie wanted to tell her about what was happening between her and Will, how he can't feel her pain anymore, that they're not connected anymore. But she decided against it, because she may have to go back to the lab again, and she didn't want to, she wanted to be as far away from that as possible. So she just sat there and nodded her head.

Joyce sighs as she gets up from her seat and walks into the kitchen, Gabbie looks over to Will who was staring at the ground. Joyce sat back down with a drawing in her hand. She placed it on the table in front of the Twins and tapped it. It was the same monster type thing Will had drawn yesterday, but it seemed Joyce had redrawn it.

"This shape, I saw it on the video tape from Halloween night. It's the same shape as... as you drawing" Joyce says to Will. Will looked terrified seeing that drawing in front of him. Gabbie looked at the drawing then at her mother.

"So what you're saying is you saw this on the tape, like it was just there?" Gabbie questioned her.

"No, it was almost like static, but I believe these episodes that you're having Will, I think Dr. Owens is wrong. I think they're real. But... But I can't help you if I don't know what's going on. So, you have to talk to me. Please. No more secrets, okay?" Joyce pleas with her son. Will looks at the table thinking it over.

"Will, for us, tell us what's happening" Gabbie says to her brother, wanting him to say whats on his mind, being terrified what will happen, but wanting him to be better. Will looked at Gabbie and nodded his head, meaning he'll talk.