XLi. Super Spy

Dig Dug : Part 1

The rest of the day the children had spent comforting Will. Mrs Byers put up every last drawing, still not understanding what it really was, it just seemed to connect. Hopper did say something about vines before he had vanished, but Joyce still couldn't piece it together.

When Gabbie went inside her home she was fully taken back but all the drawings, as she had just left only hours before it all happened, and she still felt weird around her own brother.

Joyce decided to call Jim again, but it only went to his answering machine, Joyce just rolled her eyes as she placed the phone back, before noticing one drawing, she seemed to know its placement. She grabbed it and looked around the walls, ceiling, floor till coming to her bedroom where she finally placed it. The children which consisted of Mike, Gabbie and Will were in the Twin's bedroom.

"It's like... It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling" Will tries to explain to the kids. Mike was wondering around the room looking at the drawings while Gabbie sat on her bed looking at Will. Will was sweating non stop, his shirt and pants were soaked in it, he had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep and his hair was messy. Gabbie felt guilt as she couldn't feel his pain, and she felt she didn't deserve to feel alright while he was like this.

"See what's he's seeing" Will finishes. 

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike questions Will as he drags his finger over the drawing on the wall.

"Some of him is there" Will said with a little nod. Gabbie goes wide eyed at what he said.

"You're saying some of him is here, like Hawkins?" She questions starting to feel a shiver go up her spine.

"Yes, some of him is here too" Will says like he was about to cry. Gabbie quickly sat up and moved across to his bed where she wrapped her arm around his shoulder trying to comfort him. She started to rub tiny circles hoping to calm him down.

"Here, as in like what Gabbie said the town, or here as in like this house?" Mike questions turning to look at the two Byers twins.

"In this house and... in me" Will says letting a tear drop from his arm. Gabbie could feel her brother shaking and she could almost start crying herself. "It's like... It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more." Will continues as Mike sits next to Will.

"And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel." Will almost chokes out.

"And the more you see these now-memories" Mike finishes.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head." He said as he reached for the back of his neck and rubbed it. "I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that" Will says looking at the wall.

"Will, we'll get through this okay" Gabbie says trying to give her brother support.

"No, now it's like... Now I remember. I remember all the time." Will says as he starts shaking his hand.

"Maybe... maybe that's good" Mike adds. Before Will and Gabbie turn to him.

"Good?" Will questions him.

"Just think about it, Will. You're like a spy now. A super spy" Mike says with a little grin lighting the mood.

"Yeah Will, you get to be this tubelur spy, and spy on the monster" Gabbie says as he squeezes his shoulder with a smile.

"If you know what he's seeing and feeling..." Mike starts

"And from that, we could stop him, Kill that stupid ass shadow monster" Gabbie says with a grin.

"That's right, Maybe all of this is happening for a reason" Mike says looking around the room.

"You guys really think so?" Will questions softly

"totally" Gabbie answers

"Yeah. Yeah, I really do" Mike answers him. The conversation goes silent as Will looks over in the corner of the room. Both Mike and Gabbie turn their heads and see the drawing of the shadow monster, looking at it still ran a chill down Gabbie's back.

"What if he figures out we're spying on him? What if he spies back?" Will asks as he starts to cry.

"he won't" Mike answers quickly trying to stop Will from thinking that

"How do you know?" Will questions them. Will started to really shake his hand from fear, till Mike put his own hand over it.

"We won't let him" Mike tells him. Will continues to cry, he then turns his head and buries it into Gabbie's shoulder. Gabbie wraps both her arms around the boy as she rubs his back resting her head on top of his. Mike looked at the two twins and gave a slight smile as if trying to say that everything will be okay. 

Later Mike had set up the sleeping bag on the ground between the two twin's beds. They had gotten Will to lay down, the two children promised him that they will sit next to him till he fell asleep, as he didn't want to be alone. Both Gabbie and Mike sat in silence looking at there hands waiting till they heard light snores coming from the youngest one. Even though Will and Gabbie are twins, Gabbie was born 4 minutes before Will, making her the oldest of the two.

The snores where heard from the boy and Gabbie and Mike looked at each other as they slowly moved off the bed trying not the wake the boy, as he hasn't gotten a good amount of sleep in a very long time. Both children moved over to their bed for the night, Gabbie in her own and Mike in his sleeping bag.

"Do you want the lights on or off?" Gabbie asked Mike quietly 

"I guess off" Mike whispered, Gabbie nodded her head and turned off the lamp and laid back down in her bed. She just stared at the ceiling and thats when her emotions all hit at once and she started to cry. Mike sat up and looked at the girl. The blanket was only half covering her body as she laid there with her hands over her eyes trying to stop the tears from flowing. Mike stood up and walked over to her bed.

"Move over" He said quickly as he began to move the girl over. Gabbie removed her hands and started to move.

"What are you doing?" Gabbie asked the boy. She made enough room that he could lay down on his side coming face to face with Gabbie.

"I can't just lay there and listen to you cry, I've come to comfort you" Mike said to her. Gabbie just shook her head, Mike gave her a confused look. "Why no?"

"No, because this is not about me, This is about Will, Will is in pain here, Will is hurting, We should help Will" Gabbie whispered to him, getting annoyed at herself as she waved her hands around trying to make her point.

"Gabbie" Mike said as he grabbed her hands to stop her "We are helping Will, but that doesn't mean I can help you too, you mean so much to me Gabbie and to see you hurt is something I can't stand for" 

"But I feel so guilty that Will is in pain and I can't feel it, Why is it always Will?" Gabbie questions Mike.

"I don't know Gabbie, but right now you just need to get some sleep" Mike tells her. 

"Okay, but can you stay here?" She whispers to him. He nods his head as the two move closer together so that Mike could wrap his arms around the girl. Gabbie laid her head on his chest feeling somewhat peaceful, something she hand't felt in bed for a year. Since Mike. Before Gabbie drifted off to sleep she felt a kiss on the top of her head and the faint whisperings of Mike saying "I love you".

Aren't Gabbie and Mike cute. Like Fuck I love them. 

Also Season 4 is happening which is amazing. I will most likely write on that season. 

Sorry I've been gone for so long, I'm like 2 weeks away from finishing high school so i'v been studying and doing tests and exams. But I will be free from the chains of high by the end of the month.

Also, this book hit 100k reads!

Thank you everyone for the reads, votes and comments, I would of stopped this book ages ago if it wasn't for all of you prompting me to continue, I love you all.