Liv. The Tunnels

The Gate : Part 4

The children got to action once Max grabbed her step-brothers keys from his pasted out body. The boys grabbed as many masks as they could find around the house and backyard, they needed masks as Hopper had told the children of the almost unbreathable and toxic air, While Gabbie and Max looked for rope and gasoline.

When Gabbie showed Max where they stored their spare gasoline for if their cars break down, Max begun to fill the fuel containers. Gabbie looked at Max, she almost seemed uncomfortable, which confused Gabbie, she just beat her brother up, whats there not to be happy about.

"Are you alright?" Gabbie spoke up to the girl, Max looked up at her and sighed. Max wasn't one to share her feelings but she felt she should voice her concern.

"So, Eleven, she's back, I guess you won't hang out with like David or I now that the party's together again" Max couldn't look Gabbie in the eyes, she didn't want to admit her feelings to the girl but she felt a connection towards her, she was the first friend she made her other then David, she was real with her, and Max hated the fact that she might be replaced so quickly. But Gabbie looked at her, and chuckled. Max looked up at her confused. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're in the party" Gabbie put her hand on the girl who was kneeled on the ground, who now had stopped filling the fuel containers "As much as you don't like it, you're in the party, there's no getting out" Gabbie smiled to her. Max smiled back her, she finally felt accepted, for once in her life, she felt like she belonged somewhere. Max stood up and held Gabbie in a hug. Gabbie did have Eleven back, but she also had Max and she wasn't going to give that up.

"What about me, am I invisible or something?" David spoke up from behind the pair, both girls turned to the boy and laughed.

"Get over here loser" Gabbie opened her arm, as well as Max, David happily joked over and joined them, placing a hand on each of the girls shoulders.

"Look at us" David said looking at the two girls he considered his closest friends "The skating Trio"

The containers were filled and everyone was ready go, Max had told the party that she knew how to drive, or well she knew how to drive in a parking lot, she assured the members that it wouldn't be different and she would be able to get them to their destination. Everyone loaded up billy's car and they were ready to leave when Dustin brought up that Steve was still passed out on the ground next to Billy.

"We can't just leave him" Dustin commented looking down on the boy, bruised and cut. All six of them stood around his body, everyone started to think it over "He could be helpful" he tried to persuade his fellow party members.

"He could be helpful..." David trailed off biting his lip thinking it over.

"Fine, he can come but he better not freak me out when I'm driving" Max warned Dustin like he was bringing a pet along on the ride. Dustin smiled a toothful grin as he ran into the kitchen, got some band-aids and a cold press as he and Mike helped Steve into the car. It was a tight fit, Max in the drivers seat, Lucas in the passenger seat giving directions. In the back Mike sat behind the drivers seat with Gabbie on his lap, Steve was in the middle and Dustin and David shared a seat, with dustin in-between Steve and David, holding the cold press on Steve's face. With that, the party was ready, Max put the car key's in, and the car roared to life, with a home-made foot extension, which was a book tied to the bottom of Max's foot, gave her the length to reach the pedal and to be able to see over the steering wheel, they drove off.

There was silence in the car, the sound was Lucas giving Max the directions she needed and her confirming them, no one wanted to make her lose concentration so they kept their mouth's shut. Mike wrapped his arm's around Gabbie's waist as she sat on his lap, getting more and more nervous as they approached their fate, she started play with his fingers to get her mind off their mission ahead. But, Steve begun to wake up.