.Convicted.

" So, Aur, who do you think is going to get adopted today?"

"I'm not sure, Tay, probably one of the younger kids, but I really do hope that I get adopted because I am sick and tired of living in this stupid orphanage. I shouldn't even be in here, for that matter!"

And it's true. My name is Aurelie and I should not be in this orphanage. My parents didn't die, or abuse me or anything like that. They were convicted of murdering someone. Convicted. They begged and pleaded with the court for almost a year until the court made the decision that they would spend their lives in prison. 

"On the 28th of September, 2016, I hereby sentence Mr. James Noel and Mrs. Agathy Noel to life in prison. Case closed!" I watched as those awful guards dragged my parents to their new rooms. My mother screaming and crying, telling me she loved me. The tears gushing out of my eyes and staining my cheeks. My father yelling at the judge, telling him that it wasn't fair. It really wasn't fair.

The words of that horrid judge on that heartbreaking day will forever echo in my head. The slam of the hammer and the color of his awful wig will forever haunt my dreams. 

I was taken home in the back of a truck driven by a policeman. He didn't even tell me what to do when I got home. Was I supposed to pack? Who was going to stay with me? What was going to happen to me? Where was I going to go? 

I was nothing but a mere 10 year-old-girl with parents who were convicted of murder who was all alone. 

On that same day, a social worker by the name of Elaine came to my house. " I am your social worker, Elaine. I hope you have packed your bags because I am flying you over to an orphanage in California where you will be living in an orphanage in Sacramento." And so we left, we went to the airport, paid for our tickets, got on the plane and arrived in Sacramento. 

We got into a taxi and Elaine told the driver, " Girls Sacramento Orphanage, please." And so, the driver took off. When we got to the orphanage, they asked me a ton of questions and took me to my room. That is where I met Taylor, my best friend. 

After I had gotten myself settled in my new home, the realization of the events that had occurred today sunk in. My parents are in prison for life and I am in an orphana-

CREAK

" Hey guys!"

***************************************

Hello guys! What do you think of the book? I for one think this is an amazing way to start. Hehe, I'm gonna have a little tag fest:

BlueDisney02

girlsrulefuzzyxo05

Jade_Handstand

diamond_dance

Lindsay_C

CLgraphics

lil_rocker26

untamedchaos-

Taylah_Rose_

Canine_Princess

SadLittleWriter

Caramel_Apple

that_crazy_emo_girl_

that's it for today. So i thought of this game: If i tag you in my book, you have to tag someone else and then that person has to tag another person and so on. The person who keeps the longest chain will get at least 3new readers - readers- not reads- and a shout-out. Guys, I have my ways. Don't even doubt me. the picture above is of Aurielie btw. Byeeeee

OH AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO @CLgraphics for making me a fantastic cover.