.Tutor.

"Hi!" I stand there staring at this adorable little girl, not knowing what to say. "Hehe, I see you have met Kiera! Isn't she the cutest little thing?" Liza says, pretending to be all motherly and what not, but I tell you one thing- when we get back into our room, the war continues!

 "Oh, hey Kiera! I am Aurelie but you can call me Aurie." I say with a big smile, trying to seem as nice as possible so I do not end up in this girl's nightmares as the girl who almost kicked her down the stairs. 

 "Hello Aurie, bye Aurie. I'm pretty sure it's tea time and I would hate to be late. It's my big sister making tea today!!" Awwww, isn't she so cute??

 "Hey, Ki, why don't you take Aurelie with you to tea so that she can meet your family. She's my daughter by the way." Liza suggests. At this sentence, Kiera's eyes grow so big that they look like plates! "She's your daughter?!!!" she questions/exclaims. "Haha, yeah. Now don't you have a tea to go to ?" Liza chuckles. 

"Oh! Yeah!" She turns to me, " follow me." We go back up the stairs that I had tumbled down just some minutes ago and we walk down the hallway, stopping at the apartment just 2 apartments away from ours. From behind the closed door, I can already smell the sweet scent of freshly baked cookies. 

 She opens the door to the apartment and the first thing I see is a cute little Labrador heading straight for me. "Hey boy! Hi!" I've always had a thing for dogs. "You mean she. That's Cat, our dog." Wow, I wonder which genius named that dog. Such a smart name. Just as I finish rubbing behind the dog's ears, a tall pretty girl with curly hair emerges from the kitchen. Her ripped jeans covered in powder and her red tee-shirt almost white. She looks up and sees me. 

 " Oh! Hello, what's your name?"  she asks with a slight smile.

"Teagan, this is Aurelie, she almost killed me by the way. Aurelie, this is Teagan- my big sister."

"Hi Aurelie!"

"Hello, Teagan." I say with a smile. I am going to like this girl. 

"How old are you?" she asks.

"12." I state plainly because I am pretty sure she doesn't expect me to go into detail about the year, day, month, time, minute, seconds and what not. 

"Oh yay! Me too!" She says and we both smile. 

***********

"A-And then we had tea together and we talked about ourselves and then Kiera went off to play with her dolls and then we talked more about-"

"Okay, okay, okay. You don't have to rub it in my face about how much fun you had with Teagan. You still have unpacking to do, choosing a school, getting to know the neighboorhood, choosing a tutor..." Liza says.

" A tutor! Why do I need a tutor?!" 

"Because of how much you have missed out of school." she states as if it's no big deal but it is a big deal! Why do I have to do school out of school hours????

"I don't want a tutor!" I whine. I might be sounding like a baby right now but I definitely don't want a tutor!

"Sorry. You're getting a tutor, whether you like it or not."

"Ugghhhhhhhhh. You're such a mom!"

"Just doin' ma job." Liza says while smirking and brushing imaginary dust off her shirt. 

"Now, go unpack, would ya? First day and you're already distracted! Get your priorities straight girl!" Liza jokes. 

"Or else what?" I challenge.