Six

Lauren isn't really suicidal. But she felt like there is no other solution than to die. She was kicked out from her apartment, she can't enroll to college, her parents aren't talking to her and she haven't seen her brother and sister for a long time now. She knows it's nothing compared to the world's problems, but she isn't as strong as she thought she was.

At the first night, Lauren had to sleep at a convenience store where she was rudely kicked out as well. She didn't have anywhere to go. She doesn't have any friends aside from Dinah, and she didn't want to bother the girl as well. She felt alone and cold and hungry and neglected and alone and alone. She felt like there isn't any right thing happening to her anymore.

She sneaked in to her old apartment to get the last piece of cash tucked under her bed and the pistol her brother gave her for self defense. She rented a room at a nasty motel and spent a few hours deciding she should die.

She can't pull the trigger though. She thought she needs an outside force to do it for her.

-

It was 1989 when Camila found out she can be killed.

And she didn't find out about it in the nicest way. So you see, Camila doesn't really have a way to be sure that she got the right person. She would often trust her instincts, because fate would always make sure they'll cross paths.

If Camila could run away, she would. But she accepted that her soulmate is bound to kill her so they'll meet one way or another. She would feel a specific pull towards someone, and when she does, she'll start to find a way to know if that person is marked.

Her mark is still at the bottom or her spine, but for some unexplainable reasons, the reincarnations of her soulmates' mark location varies. Once, she had to sleep with the person in order to check his whole body.

And that was something she doesn't want to do again.

-

Lauren woke up to the giggling sounds coming from outside.

She headed straight to the bathroom to do her morning routine. It's Saturday and she's off from work. She isn't planning to wake up this early, but the noise outside didn't gave her a choice. She pulled up a denim shorts over her girl boxers, knowing she would find someone else in the living room aside from Camila.

And she isn't wrong.

Camila was giggling with a handsome guy who Lauren thinks is about older than them. His body is well built and he got a clean-cut hair. His face is clean and he looked like he's straight out from magazine.

Camila was clutching her stomach from something that the guy said. Lauren wondered why the hell they are sitting close to each other when there are a lot of bean bags scattered in the living room.

Like, a lot!

Lauren faux-coughed to announce her presence. She fiddled on her necklace, tracing the pendant. The guy eyed her and smirked while Camila greeted her sweetly.

"Good morning Laur."

"Morning." She replied nonchalantly.

"Dave, this is Lauren. Lauren, this is David, but he goes with Dave." Camila introduced them.

Dave stood up and offered her hand to Lauren. She had to literally look up because the guy was like, a giant.

"Hi. Nice meeting you." Dave kissed her hand instead of shaking it.

Lauren seemed to be lost for words so she just stared at them when Dave proceeded to sit back. She didn't see the teasing look Dave is giving Camila, but she saw the flirty slap Camila gave him.