Sixteen

1964 Chateau Latour

A fucking wine.

Why she didn't google it earlier, Lauren didn't know. It would have saved her a lot of thinking and a lot of Dinah-begging. She wondered where to start looking for it from the massive wine bottle collections Camila have.

She's rushing home and no one's gonna stop her in finding the next clue.

-

David paced back and forth in his room. He can't take his mind off of Lauren. He needs to be sure that she's not a danger to Camila. He's not sure he'll know what he'll do if something bad happened to her. He will not be able to face his father, and he's not sure if he'll remain sane if Camila died.

"I need you to do something for me." Dave said, taking off his tux.

The person on the line listened as Dave provided his instructions, smiling.

"Make sure to wait for me. I need to do it myself." he said, hanging up.

-

Lauren opened the door and without second thinking, went directly to study the wine bottles. There are a lot of them and she isn't sure what she's looking for. She pulled out her phone and checked the image again, attempting to see which one looked exactly like it.

She wondered if the bottles were arranged in a certain way. Is it by year? By color? By sommelier? Not that she would know anything about it.

I took her a lot of skimming and scanning before the bottle she's looking for came into sight.

-

"Cami, where are you?" Dave said, pulling up his long sleeve shirt over his toned body.

"I'm heading home. I just went to see Ally and visited the shelter." Camila said, stopping in front of her car.

"Can we go grab dinner? I need to discuss some things with you." Dave said, picking up his car keys.

"Can this wait until tomorrow?" She asked, leaning at the door of her car.

"This will be quick. I promise. Meet me at Gabbiano in fifteen."

-

Lauren picked the bottle carefully. It looked so fragile that Lauren is afraid she'll break it with just her pulse. She realized that unlike other bottles, this one is not empty. She can barely see the rolled paper inside the bottle and she wondered where the hell is she gonna look for a corkscrew.

Will she even try to open this bottle?

-

He's wearing black from his cap to his shoes. David is sending him to another job, and it's the easiest one so far.

He opened his black car and headed to his mission. This should be exciting.  He thought. He lit up a cigarette and blew puff of smoke in the air. He opened his compartment and tossed the gun that was tucked in his pants.

Lauren Jauregui. Pretty name.

-

Lauren is not understanding anything she's reading.

She was able to find a corkscrew by the kitchen drawer and she pulled the cork from the bottle gently. She tilted it and tried to reach for the paper using her forefinger. Realizing it wouldn't fit to get the rolled paper out, she ran back to her room to get a pair of tweezer.

She laid the bottle down carefully as she opened the fragile piece of paper that looked like it was preserved based on the glossy coating covering it. Laying the paper down, her eyes trailed back and forth as she tried to grasp what's written there.