Nine

The next thing Lauren knew, is that she's traveling 7440 miles away from home. Camila is sleeping peacefully beside her, clutching her hand. Lauren smiled.

Oh God I really like her.

She stared at Camila's lips. Lauren bit her lower lip, having the urge to kiss the pretty girl beside her. It wouldn't hurt right? Camila's asleep and she could just peck it lightly.

Lauren decided to do it. She leaned slowly, afraid the girl would wake up. She's so close that she can count Camila's eyelashes. She let their lips touch for couple of seconds, savoring the moment.

She didn't think Camila would open her eyes and kiss her back. She didn't think Camila would pull her closer, if that's even possible. She didn't think Camila would kiss her so hard she already forgot her name.

Camila pulled back and smiled at her. Lauren's eyes are dark with lust, and she wondered if she can ask Camila to join the mile high club.

The pilot's voice pulled her head out of the gutter. They're landing any moment now. She still didn't know the reason behind Amsterdam. As what her manager told her, she's off for the week. Lauren wants to think it's some kind of honey moon, but she forgot she isn't married.

Yet.

-

Lauren's eyes widened in awe. She thought they'll be staying at a hotel, but then the car pulled up to a white townhouse. It's not as large as the one she's staying back home but it's cozy and the ambiance somehow felt domesticated. Lauren felt like this is the type of house you'd want to raise your kids to. 

When they entered the house, she found out that there are only two rooms available; the master's suite, and a guest room. But what surprised her is that the guest room is empty. Like no bed kind of empty. Like no furniture kind of empty. Like I-think-I'm-sharing-the-room-with-Camila kind of empty.

Not that she minds.

Lauren felt so tired and she really wants to sleep now. She contemplated whether asking Camila or just sleep at the bean bags. Lauren already accepted that Camila is the bean bag type of person, so she didn't really expected a couch. 

"I'm going to take a shower. Do you want to sleep now?" Camila asked her.

"Yeah. I'm kinda tired. Do you have any bed I can use at the guest room?"

"Why? What's wrong with the one in our room?"

-

"We can call it a day Mr. Castillo. Thank you for joining us." 

"Thank you gentlemen. Let me know if you need anything else."

Dave pulled out his phone and dialed Camila's number. He can't wait to tell her about another closed deal. 

Cami will be in proud of me. He thought.

He heard three rings before Camila picked up. 

"David." A voice who's not Camila answered.

"Lauren. Where's Cami?" 

"Shower." Lauren sleepily replied.

"Did you arrive safely?" Dave asked. 

"Yes. I'm kinda jet lagged but I'll sleep it off."

"Okay. Sleep well Lauren. Tell Cami to call me back. Thanks!"

"Sure." Lauren ended the call.

David smiled. His idea not to have the guest room cleaned worked.