12: The Death Return

"Hey... Joker."

"Huh?"

I heard a dragged huh from beside me. The granite wall felt strangely comfortable on my weary back.

"We've been searching for clues for more than 12 hours... You find anything?"

Joker lets out a huge yawn. He didn't even try to cover it.

"I found something alright... what about you?"

My head tilts to the side as more and more of my energy leaks out.

"I found something too, but it's super dumb."

"Is that so? Then make mine super mega ultra dumb."

We both sighed simultaneously, and looked at the entrance of the room. We let the door open so fresh air can come in, but it doesn't seem to help us much. I stood straight up and screamed at the top of my lung as frustration explodes within me.

"Why the hell does it need to sacrifice one thing or another?! That's so stupid! This is so stupid! Ouroboros and their curse can eat their own ass, like they do in those picture books!"

I bashed my head against the wall, so hard blood started to come out. At least the wall is damaged too, so take that.

"There's so many thing I want to correct from what you just said, but that's practically the only other option Jaxon need to take if he want to re-enter the game."

I let my body fall backwards. I hit the floor with a loud thud and just stared at the ceiling.

"Feeling better?"

I let out another huge sigh and nodded.

"For now."

Joker pushed himself up from the ground and walked out the door.

"Well, we better tell the man. I know he'll accept that kind of sacrifice easily."

Joker left the room, leaving those words behind. I tried to push myself up, but I guess I'm still a little bit disoriented from bashing my head against the wall. I gave up and fall back to the ground.

"Well... can't argue against you on that one..."

I laid down on the floor for a couple more minutes before trying to get up again. This time, my knees didn't buckle, so I left the room too. The first thing I saw outside was the ocean, and the moon. I have been looking for clues for twelve hours nonstop, I didn't even realize that it's already dark outside. I leaned my body against the fence let out another big sigh.

"I wouldn't say that this is a fruitless endeavor... I guess I shouldn't complain too much. At least he's going to be up and about again... though the price to pay is really steep."

Knowing that guy, he would already be at Al's place, telling him about our latest discovery. I also know that Al will say yes without thinking twice.

"I just hope people won't get any funny ideas... Oh well."

I'm sure we can handle it somehow. I stretched my back and yawned. It is pretty late, and I am mentally exhausted. I guess I'll just go to sleep once I log out of the game.

--------------------
Jaxon's POV
--------------------

"All I want is to be with you, even when everyone else says otherwise!"

The girl's eyes started to get teary, as she clutched the pendant that was given to her, by none other than her beloved.

"Trust me love, it is also my desire to remain by your side and hold you close! But... look at me... I am but the devil's reincarnate. My hand will remain red as blood, even if I was to wash them!"