33: The Last Day Of Peace

It's been too long since I came here. Lush forest, clear lake, and large, abandoned stone towers. I took a deep breath, letting the fresh air fill my lungs. I looked at the mercenary corps camp, now a small town, and felt a sudden nostalgic feeling. I looked at an old building on top of a hill, and smiled.

"It's good to be back."

According to Joker's information, the attacks have subsided, and only small skirmishes happens every once in a while at the shore. I should be relieved, knowing that the enemy gave us some kind of break, but in this situation, I can't help but to think that this is just the enemy's ploy. I shook my head, and made my way to the building. People stopped me to talk every once in a while, and I also stopped by to say hi to some of the shops I frequent. After some time, I finally arrived at the building. It was quite empty. Most of the people that's here is either helping Crux, or out helping at the frontline, but I know she's here. I went to the second floor, and straight to her office. I knocked on her door, and heard her voice from behind the door.

"Come in."

Her voice made my heart feels at ease, and I pushed the door open. Then I saw her. The woman I promised my future to when I came back, sitting behind a desk, signing papers. I walked to her desk, and sat down in front of her. She looked up, and her hands stopped. She slowly put her quill down, and stood up. She threw herself at me, almost knocking me down from my chair.

"Welcome back... I missed you..."

I circled my arms around her, and rest my head on her shoulder.

"It's good to be back."

She released me soon after and gave me a warm smile.

"So..."

She looked at me in the eye, her mouth still smiling.

"Mind explaining about that one night stand thing?"

Shit.

I knew she'd know, and I knew Nyx would tell her about it. Well, this time, I'll accept whatever punishment she's giving me.

"If you knew that much then Nyx probably already told you the reason. Therefore I would like to accept my punishment in silence."

I straightened my posture and closed my eyes. I can hear footsteps going to the door, then I heard the door locking. I'm prepared for whatever punishment she'll give me, but it is still quite scary.

"Open your eyes."

I slowly opened my eyes and saw her leaning against her desk, arms folded.

"It's true. She told me everything."

She pushed herself from the table, and knelt down in front of me.

"And there are two things that pissed me off the most. One is that she made you stab yourself..."

She took my hands and pulled it closer to her face.

"The second one is the fact that you did it with her, and not to me when I tried to do so before..."

I tried to remember what she meant by it, and remembered the time when she tried to seduce me that one time.

"I have no excuses. You may do as you please."

Clover closed her eyes, and rested his head on my thighs.

"Then tonight, come to my place. You remember the cafe, right? My room is at the third floor of the cafe."

Clover looked up at me and put a hand on my thigh.

"You'll come... right?"

I nodded and put a hand on her cheeks.