18: Battle Of The Titans

I slowly dragged my heavy feet into my camp. I felt something inside me shatter. Breathing felt like a chore right now, and keeping my eyes open is worse. I let gravity pull me down, and I landed on my butt. I put a palm over my eyes, and bit my lips.

"Master..."

I felt a hand leaning against my shoulder. I knew it was Emerald, but I'm at a loss for words. I tried to say I'm alright, but something in me retracted those words as quickly as it appeared. In the end, I let out a heavy sigh, and rubbed my nasal bridge.

"I just... I don't know... What did I do wrong? Did I do something to them? Am I really not dependable?"

I can feel Emerald's grip tighten on my shoulder. A few moments later, I felt warmth enveloping me. I removed my palm from over my eyes, and looked to the side. Emerald is hugging me, burying her face on my shoulder.

"No Master, you did nothing wrong..."

I stared at her for a while, letting her words sink in and comfort me. I took a deep breath, and placed a hand on hers.

"Thank you Emerald... but I still need to know why they betrayed me."

"It is possible that what happened now is the same as my case back then."

I turned my head toward the voice, and saw Guerrier along with his Spirits.

"You are familiar with Muse's case, no? A powerful magic was cast on her, and she became a puppet for the Dark Fortress. We did not know what kind of magic was cast on her, but we now know who the culprit is."

Guerrier turned his head towards Lune, and she nodded.

"Lune have an ability called 'Trace Magic'. She can pinpoint the location of a magic caster, even if they are islands away."

Lune was already focusing her attention while Guerrier explained how it works. The giant needles she used to attack people with made a circle around her. They kept moving in a circular motion, but their movement became tighter and more accurate with each passing second. Finally, they all stopped, all pointing at the same direction; the ships on the sea. Guerrier turned around and raised his arm.

"Everyone load up the ship! We are attacking them this instant!"

Guerrier's men moved in quickly, and efficiently. He looked at me, and smiled.

"My friend, you are strong. When I thought my best friend betrayed me, I felt like life was meaningless. You however, are different."

He pointed at me, his expression turned stern.

"I can still see the fire burning inside your soul. You are crushed by their betrayal, but you are willing to find the reason for it."

He opened his hands, lending me it to get myself up. I looked at his face once again, and noticed a smile on it.

"I do not regret acknowledging you as my king, and my friend."

I took his hand, and pulled myself off the ground. My feet is already stable, and my mind is a lot clearer now.

"Thanks Guerrier."

He smiled, and walked away to the beach. His men are already waiting for their leader. Guerrier boarded his flagship, and set sail. His departure was accompanied by the sound of cheers and horns.

"He is a knight among knights. I'm glad I set him that way."

I turned to my side and saw Wolfram, folding his hand. He had a somewhat smug expression on his face.

"You did that so you can dump all of your work on him, didn't you?"

Wolfram shrugged, with a somewhat annoying smile on his face. Though it only last for a second.