30: What Must Be Done

It's been a few weeks since Jaxon went online, and a lot people is starting to get anxious.

"We've received more supplies from the surrounding island, but unfortunately it is still not enough. We are starting to run low on raw resources and rations."

I glanced at Clover, and I couldn't help but to be amazed. Even in times like this, she's still as calm as ever. I sighed, and leaned against my chair.

"We can't exactly spare anymore manpower... Do we really have to assign some of the players to help the NPCs?"

Clover nodded and put a piece of paper on the table.

"We can assign people from these three posts without too much trouble, and without weakening our defenses too much."

I nodded.

"Then that's what we'll do. Can I ask you to handle it?"

Clover nodded, and turned around. As I stared at the ceiling, my lips moved on its own.

"How come you're so calm...?"

Clover, who already have her hand on the door handle, stopped.

"I'm barely keeping it together. That's 'cause Jaxon told me to handle things for him."

She opened the door, and sighed, a wry smile on her face.

"So the only thing keeping me together is that promise I made to him. If not for that then... I don't know how."

She closed the door behind her back, and left me alone. I let out a deep sigh, and slumped on the desk.

"I just hope he'll swing by sometimes soon... as if."

As I straightened my posture, a black figure stood in front of me. No, more like a man with jet black armor is standing in front of me. I quickly stood up, knocking my chair over.

"Jax! You're here!"

He raised one of his hands in greetings, and walked nearer to my desk.

"Heard you're having problems."

He took out a large pouch and put it on the table. From the sound, I can tell that it's money.

"Here's 30 million Zeal. I'm not kind enough to just give it to you, so make sure you pay me back after all this is done."

I pulled the pouch towards me, and looked inside. It's filled to the brim with money.

"Where did you get all this money."

He shrugged.

"I was out farming for materials I need for my research. I sold the ones I didn't need and before I knew it, my money just started to pile up."

I sighed, and smiled at him.

"This will really help us. Thanks."

He shrugged again.

"I'm lending it to you, not giving it. Well, that's all I wanted to say. See ya Crux."

Jax waved, and logged out of the game again.

"That guy really is as fickle as a cat."

"In the end, he couldn't say goodbye to you."

I turned my head towards the voice and saw Joker.

"Goodbye? Is he going somewhere?"

Joker sighed, and nodded.

"Yep. Somewhere far away."