22: The Enraged Reaper

Sneaking into one of the ship was easy. The guard was lax, probably because they're confident that no enemy will be able to set foot inside it. Well, they certainly didn't take me into account. That, or Diadora is seriously underestimating me. A scythe would probably be too conspicuous if I want to sneak around and kill everyone, so I put it away and took out a knife. It gleamed underneath the dim lanterns in the cargo hold. I looked around, and found a lot of weapon caches alongside the daily needs for the crew.

"Burning these might be fun, but I need to go unnoticed... not until every single one of these fuckers is dead."

As if cued by my words, a couple of soldiers opened the cargo hatch. I hid behind a large box, and slowed my breathing.

"That human... he sincerely believed that mistress Diadora is on his side!"

"Indeed. You can clearly see the disappointment on his face!"

A soldier is picking up a crate filled with foodstuff, while the other is standing guard at the entrance. I peeked my head from the cover, and saw the guard picking out some food. I sneaked closer to him, and just as he stood up, I buried the tip of my knife into his throat, and yanked it out, giving him no time to even shout. The crate in his hand fell down, and the other soldier noticed it.

"Hey, are you alright?"

He walked closer to where his friend was, but I was no longer there. He noticed the dead body, and turned around to go back up. I was already behind him. and my knife is already buried in his neck as he tried to scream. I swiped the blood from my knife, and snorted.

"If this is the elite force, then I don't want to meet the grunts. They're far too weak for their own good."

I slowly went up the stairs, and looked around. No one is around, so I locked the door to the cargo hold, and went straight into the captain's room. I know Diadora isn't on this ship, but I want every single one of them dead.

"Why do I have to go instead of them? I guess this is how they treat new recruits..."

I noticed a dark elf walking toward me, so I pressed my back against the wall. I listened to his footstep closely, and grabbed him even before I can see half of his face. I covered my hand to his mouth, and stabbed my knife into his kidney. He coughed blood, staining my hand with it.

"Scream and you die."

He was clearly too shocked to answer immediately, so I let his mind clear out for a while. It didn't take long before he finally opened his mouth.

"W-what do you want?"

"Where's the captain?"

The elf's eyes became unfocused for a moment, so I twist my knife, just a bit to wake him up. He almost screamed, but he knew that I mean business.

"H-He's at the top! J-just follow the corridor and turn left at the fork at the end! You should be able to see the stairs by then!"

I took out my knife and let him drop to the ground. He breathes heavily, and unsheathed his sword, trying to swing it at me.

"Die!"

My hand was quicker though, because before he can get half of his sword out, I already slit his throat as he turned toward me. His eyes went wide as blood spurted out of his throat, and he fell down to the wooden floor.

"As if I'm going to let you live."

I followed his information and sure enough, I found the stairs. I walked up the stair and found a door at the end of it. I opened the door slowly, and found the bridge. One of the crew noticed me and turned toward me as he unsheathed his sword.