The Love Exchange

Alexander was surprised when he read the most recent message his long-distance lover had sent him. She had suggested that he come to America and file out an American high school senior year at her high school next year rather than going to the University of Lincoln once he finished this year of school.
The male paused and thought about what he should say. He knew that if he did go, he would miss his family and his friends here in England but on the other hand, he would be able to hold and kiss the girl that he had long since fallen in love with over messaging. Was he really willing to give up his first year at the University of Lincoln and not see his family and friends for a year just for this American girl? The male shut his eyes and considered his options more deeply. If he did go to America and got accepted into Lincoln the following year, that would look good on his resume for the university. But if he didn't go, he would be fine either way, right?
The male's phone buzzed in his hand, no doubt it was Elizabeth elaborating more on her plan. Alexander smiled at that one little quirk of hers. He could tell she would an amazing writer or English professor someday and he loved that.
Unlocking his phone, the girl's message is displayed in front of him: I was already planning on studying abroad over there for my 'senior' year of high school but if you came over here, we would have more time together and plus, if I apply to go to a school in your area for my last year, we'd be together more.
His head slowly nodded as he began to understand what she was saying here. She wanted him to come over to America, spend the year with her and then spend summer back in his home country and that next school year, while she's in her 'senior' year, he'll be at Lincoln. As he thought more on the subject, the more he began to like it. He could see it now, she and he sprawled out at the local park on a picnic just as they planned, the sun slowly painting their skin olive. Then in winter when she is in England, they'll huddle together on dates and sometimes sleepovers. His eyes glittered at the thought of the laughs that would happen when he teaches her to play football and her teaching him how to dance. Taking a deep breath, Alexander types out a response: Okay, baby. I'll see what I can do, I don't want to get your hopes up because it pains me how upset you get when you get let down.
Shutting off his phone, he leaned against the back of the sofa. He really wanted this but how would family and friends react? Would he even be able to go to America on a program? He would need to have a student visa and for that, he would need a program. His pet beagle hopped up into his lap, nudging his hand. He smiled gently at the dog, rubbing it behind the ears. 'Oh, well, might as well get to work.' He thought, standing from his seat before heading his bedroom where his desktop sat on his desk.
~*~
Elizabeth lay in her bed, wide awake, considering the time it was. She considered herself lucky, not having to stay up half way through the night in order to speak with her boyfriend unless on occasion to send him a good morning text. After the past few months of pondering about whether or not she should suggest he studies abroad in Florida at her school so that they would have more time together, she had finally decided that it was time to stop being passive and start being assertive. When she had typed out her suggestion, she held her breath. She knew he loved his friends and family deeply and that he would not just agree to her idea at the drop of a hat. As she lay there, waiting, she started to think of what else she could say to convince him that it would be in their relationship's best interest. All of her thoughts lead to her telling him of her surprise, which was that she was planning to spend her senior year of high school over there near him on a student visa and then she was going to apply for the University of Lincoln. She wanted deeply to keep that part of the plan a secret so that when she set up their meeting, he would be pleasantly surprised. Her thoughts were jumbled to the point where she just gave up on keeping part of the plan a secret.
The blonde hesitantly typed out that specific piece of the plan, worried about his reaction. Once it was delivered, she closed her phone with a deep sigh to release the tension growing within her lungs. Sitting up, the girl looked about her room, which was a bit of a mess from her getting dressed after her shower that morning.
Elizabeth stands and begins to step towards her door when her phone went 'Blip', notifying her that Alexander or someone else was messaging her. She debates on whether or not to check out the message and reply or to reply once she was back from the kitchen. The former wins over the latter in her mind and she sits back down on her bed. Opening her phone, she sees it was Alexander who had answered. Her stomach became filled with butterflies as her eyes landed on the nickname they both respectively call one another. Her heart fluttered when she read of his dislike of her being let down. The girl pondered whether or not to reply but her decision was to not. She knew Alexander understood the urgency of working on the application quickly, so she knew not to interrupt him. With a smile, she closes her phone with her head in the clouds and the butterflies in her stomach fluttering around. She sat there for quite a while until she was back on earth well enough to continue with her daily activities.

Heyo! An old friend wrote this and she never continued writing, so this is discontinued I guess. Hope you enjoyed it either way and see ya in the next one-shot!