Ice Queen

Time passed by since Naamah surrendered to the angel. As much as she is happy to be with her and how nice and warm it makes her feel to kneel to the tall winged creature she also misses something... She longs for something she was used to among her own kind. The sweet feeling of the adrenaline rush when the tip of a whip flicked over her skin. The endorphins flooding her body when being held and comforted after the process. The joy of feeling she pleased and endured the depth of darkness for both of them.

Since the longing became more and more burning inside her and her mind unable to shake the thoughts off to be hurt by this beautiful creature Naamah crawls toward her and starts to rub her cheek at her mistress' hand without speaking a word. Just to gain her attention. After a while the angel looks down and starts to comb the darklings hair with her fingers while a smile hushes across her face.

"Is there anything you wish to say, girl?" The angel asks softly with a gentle expression. Naamah nods and tries to sort her thoughts to tell about her needs and desires without sounding disrespectful. "Tell me." The celestial being requests with a growing interest.

The demon looks down for a moment then leans against the armored leg of her Mistress. "I... I long for the whip..." she swallows "... I long to get hurt and being tormented by you. My mind and flesh desire to feel so strongly the bond, the depth such intimacy creates, Mistress." She lowers her head again so afraid she is asking for the impossible. Darkness and cruelty from an angel?

Her owner kneels down on one knee in front of the demon then cups her chin to make her look into her own black eyes.

"Do you know what you are asking for Naamah?" She asks softly.

"I... I know I... I should not desire such thing from an angel. I should ask for mercy and kindness instead. I am... I am sorry my Mistress."

The angel chuckles. "I think you misunderstand little one. I just wondered if you know what gate you are about to open if I agree with your wish. You once called me cold, heartless and without passion but you never dared to look below the surface."

"I do not understand. I know I was wrong calling you those things. I realized when you guarded and took care of me but I do not understand what you mean my Mistress."

The angle moves next to the darklings ear and whispers: "My darkness below the surface is beyond the stars. A place so cold and where light never shines. I want you to understand what you are asking for because you may underestimate this side of me and there will be no way back."

Naamah shudders for a moment. She expected a lot of reactions but this she was not prepared for. An angel with a black heart?! How could this be possible? She trembles as she nods and replies: "I am not afraid of your darkness. I know you care and though you will hurt me you will not harm me. Would you please... my Mistress?"

The angel slaps her hard. The unexpected impact makes the darkling drop on all fours. The angel stands up and places her foot on her back and pushes her down into the dirt while she growls: "Let's see if you can deal with even a bit of my darker side. I am usually sent to bring death and destruction. I killed hundreds of humans without haste and never did regret it. Do you really think I care about a small worthless demon such as you?!" She draws her tanto and kneels down with her knee pressing on Naamah's spine.

"N... No Mistress." she replies. Her heart starts racing and her mind blurs from the sudden flare of cruelty in her owners actions.

The angel presses the blade against the dark flesh of the demon. The sharp tip instantly pierces through the first layers of the skin. She starts to move the blade slowly inch by inch. Small drops of blood pour out of the delicate wound. Naamah gasps and her hands change into fists from the sensation of the sweet pain on her back. She turns her head and rests her cheek in the dirt. She tries to relax but the knee on her back makes it almost impossible. Finally her mind is able to let go and her hands relax while she embraces the burning feeling on her skin. The cold metal dances over her flesh. The smell of blood fills the air as the angel suddenly grabs the demons horn and forces her head back into an uncomfortable position. She runs the blade over Naamahs cheek to clean it from her blood and leave traces of the red liquid.

"Metal chains will never be able to be powerful enough to symbolize the bond in your mind. Your devotion and the fact that you submitted to me. No whip will ever punish you stronger than your own mind for your own failures. Your disappointment about yourself. You long for my darkness? You shall experience it. Today and every day I desire to make you scream and cry for me." She pauses in her words then releases the demon's horn. The sound of metal gently grinding metal fills the room as the angel sheathes the tanto again. She gets up and wraps her arms around the demon. The darkling is somewhere far away with her mind but realizes the sudden comfort. The pain stopped and was replaced with care and maybe even love as she is picked up and laid next to the bed on her fur where she sleeps every night.

The Angel rests the horned head in her lap and caresses her cheek with a smile on her own face. Slowly, very slowly the demon returns from its own darkness she was driven into by the actions of her owner. She wraps her arms around the one holding her.

"Thank you." She whispers while her blood runs down her back. She is not wounded badly but enough to cause her body react instinctively.

"What did you cut into my skin." She finally asks after a while.

"Just my symbol so everyone will know to whom you belong." The angel replies with a kind expression. She brushes her fingertips over the demon's face and her palm comes to a rest on her cheek. They look into each other's eyes and suddenly there is more growing inside of both. While the demon feel struck by it and wants to tell her owner the angels expression suddenly changes into a cold glare and she lets go of the demon. She stands up and leaves the demon on the fur.

"Is everything alright? Did I do something wrong, my Mistress?" The darkling asks obviously being worried. She realized she fell in love with that angel. Deeper than she could have imagined.

"I need to leave." The angel replies with a cold tone in her voice then turns her head and looks at the darkling. Her eyes changed from pitch black to a pale green. "I should have never brought you here." She continues.

"Why?! Why do you say so, my Mistress?!" Naamah is shocked. What did she do wrong? What happened? The darkling kneels on the ground and looks up to the woman towering over her. She is confused. Just a moment ago all seemed so perfectly fine. Her small red hand reaches out for the black gloved one of her owner but before the desired touch happens the angel draws back her hand and turns to leave the house.

"I should never let someone get so close to me. It was a mistake." Her Mistress says with the coldest tone Naamah had ever heard. A shiver runs down her spine and like shards of ice they strike deep into her heart. Tears begin to well in her eyes. She is confused and feels like the ground that was so stable a moment ago was just pulled under her feet.

"But I..." The demon starts but is cut short by her owner. "You what? You love me?" She asks and Naamah nods slowly after hesitating for a moment. The emotionless tone in the angel's voice really drives her insane. How can she be so passionate and full of fire but the next moment so cold and distant. So unreachable.

"You do not love me Naamah. All you desire is the whip and me granting you this delicious gift makes your mind blur. You do not love an angel. You are a demon. Remember? You blind ourselves to the truth because you are weak, because you hope. But there's no hope for love. Love ends in betrayal... always."

The angel grabs her armor and weapon to leave the house. She stops midway at the door and without turning she adds: "Love is an illusion. There is nothing like love. Just despair pretending to be hope." With those words she finally exits their home.

The demon wants to follow her but she stops at the main sliding door of the building. She stands on the wooden porch for a long moment as the angel walks into the distance toward the village. Their house stands separated and in the woods. Her mind is racing. Her heart pounding in anger. Not did the angel only deny her but also made clear that she is not interested in her either. Naamah rests her hand on her chest. The pain stings deep and intense. This is how it must feel when your heart breaks apart into thousand pieces. She sinks down to her knees and feels empty. An agony of unknown dimension fills her. Tears run down her cheeks and finally her pain explodes into a scream so loud that the angel still can hear her over the distance she had put between them by now. The face of the celestial being does not change though. There is no evil grin of accomplishment or cruelty. Her face mirrored something much darker, something much more painful. It showed that she did not play, did not trick the demon but spoke the truth. That her heart is cold and love was not welcome.