Whispers In The Night

Semangelof stepped passed Sadow Ral and Geralyn, accepting the apology of course and moving on with the look of someone who has greater things on their mind. A smile of satisfaction creased the handsome mortal face of Sadow but the Farm Girl did much to hide her obvious worry. Then sudden the Demon's Protege forcefully grabbed Ral and carried him pass the estate of Lady Myriel, the watchful eyes of sentries and passerby's, and into a more secluded location. Though far weaker than the faux Human she pulled in tow, Geralyn presence or perhaps aura, radiated dominance in this particular situation and Sadow felt compelled to be dragged behind her a look of puzzlement on his bemused features.

Once relatively out of sight with little chance to be overheard, Geralyn turn suddenly and slapped her Benefactor across the face savagely. The Farm Girl might have been timid in nature but she did grow up on a farm and had the physical strength and fortitude that such a lifestyle would imply. The slap was brutal in its impact and powered by layers of emotions that confused both Female and Demon. Sadow Ral reached up to the corner of his mouth and tapped his finger there, pulling away slowly the tip painted crimson.

Geralyn covered her mouth with both hands, eyes wide. The look of abstract shock over what the Young Girl had just done slowly taking over her momentary rage.

"I'm sorry." She whispered as if her voice could now find the energy to raise any higher. "I'm so sorry..."

"I had to know..." Sadow Ral started to explain. "What good is a disguise is you are not even sure..."

"He could have killed you!" The Farm Girl pressed, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Possibly, my true strength is not in this form, but I was confident he would remain oblivious to..."

Geralyn removed a small cloth from one of her pockets and reached up with both hands, taking Sadow's face between them. She held the Demon's visage tenderly, then dabbed at the cut at the corner of his mouth. Tears beginning to run down from both orbs as the Farm Girl administered to her supposed Fiance.

"I was not confident. I was... I was scared...."

Ral, gave a disapproving look as if this was a lesson already taught and should have been learned but Geralyn, put her finger to his lips to silence the Assassin before he could speak...

"I was not scared of dying Sadow... I was scared of losing..."

"What?" The Demon in Hiding said perplexed.

"You." Geralyn cried out weakly as if the admission had truly cost her something. She continued to hold Ral's face between her hands, looking into his eyes, waiting for the rebuke that she was being foolish and emotional and needed to gain better control of her...

"Forgive me."

Those words issued by this not-Man was almost as hard a slap emotionally as her's was physical. Unable to resist she fell against her Demon, wrapping arms around him tightly and sobbing in earnest. Sadow Ral had no idea what to do with his outstretched arms appearing almost to freeze motionless as this display of concern and worry was so, so... foreign...

*****

Brother grunted in pure agony as Sister tended his wounds. The Young Male Demon was sitting on a large stone, the prize of the Sibling's little adventure nestled securely on his lap. Behind him, the Female Demoness was applying some foul smelling salve to the most serious injury the torn and mutilated right wing that a Hellhound tried to rip off.

"Stop your whining. It's really not that bad."

"You left me." The Young Male Demon said to his Sister.

"Of course I left you, what other way was there."

Brother looked over his shoulder, staring almost in disbelief at his Sibling. The Demoness for her part simply continued her act of attrition, by way of trying to save her Brother's wing. A tug that might have been necessary but probably wasn't, forced another cry from the Male.

"Be Still. You do wish me to try to save this, right?"

The Male Demon cursed before turning back around and staring at his reflection on the polish surface of the now quieted stolen magical artifact.

"There is always another way... I found one."

"Oh, yes... you did and what did that cost you? Sorry but... I wasn't about to become a hellhound chew toy. Say, how did you get it to shut up?"

Brother turned around again and stared pure malevolence into his Sister. The air around them actually heating up which was quite a feat since they were already in Hell. The Demoness immediately fell silent and continued setting the wing, wrapping the bone joint together that was severed by canine teeth in hopes that with the help of the medicine would heal properly. The Male Demon finally turned around as he sucked air thru his teeth in an effort to stifle the pain, but made the last remark...

"I made it silent... just like that."

"I am trying to save your wing."

"As it is only proper... you betrayed me."

"I'm Demon, Hellspawn, Betrayal is our birthright."

"Not mine." The Male Demon responded.

"Oh, I forget, Sadow is so special."

Ral looked down and ran his finger over the curvature of the skull feeling the cool glass that the object is made out of. He could sense the power of the talisman.

"Not special... only different. There is nothing stating that even a demon can't have a code of honor."

"Oh Brother, when will you learn," Sister said as she wrapped the break, in cloth setting a brace to keep it immobile as good as possible. "You can't be too emotional... it will be your downfall."