Chapter 24 - Pain (Draft)

The vision blurred for a moment then a bright light like a flare blinded their eyes. They feel dazed for a second. The smell of blood begins to fill their nostrils. The angel still held by Semangelof screams in agony and rage. The last images she was able to see before the portal was activated has been her lovers lifeless body sinking to the ground.

Naamah opens her eyes and adapts to the surrounding light first. The group arrived at a place she has never been before but the mountains in the background and the landscape give her a good idea where they might have arrived.

"We are in the southern wastelands, aren't we Culsu?" she asks the woman in the white long gown, who moves her hand and makes the torch disappear. She still holds Virgo with her other arm. A slow nod affirms the demon's impression.

"I don't care where we are! I want back!" The angel turns around, furious, barely held by Semangelof's strong hands. "We have to help Myriel! We cannot leave her behind!" She yells at the group.

"Dear." The man begins with the softest and most calm tone he is able to reply with at the moment. The whole situation did not leave him untouched either. "Dear, Myriel is dead. There is nothing we can do for her anymore."

His words instantly cause silence among the group but the female angel does not want to hear his reasoning. Wide her black wings spread like a herald of doom. A booming voice shatters the area around them as she speaks now.

"I do not believe in her death. There must be a way."

Naamah backs away from her owner and gasps. This tone of voice she only ever heard of in myths. It was told that it was only used to deliver messages from The One to the humans. Like a heavenly judgement. Culsu turns around and guards the boy with her body in case this situation is going to get out of hand.

"Dear, she is dead." Sem says once again. "Your rage will not make her become alive again."

"NO!" The angel yells but the booming sound is gone this time. "There has to be a way!" She glares at the man. "There always is a way."

Semangelof shakes his head. "This time there may be none dear. Please accept it."

"I do not want to accept it. I will not accept it!" The angel screams but deep inside her she already feels the intense feeling of the loss. No matter how hard she wants to disbelief in her mind - her heart already knows the truth. Slowly she sinks down on her knees and drops her weapon next to her. Blood still covers the steel of the blade.

The man releases her arm and moves closer to go down on one knee next to her and wrap his arms around her. He knows that she is strong and that she has a hard shell but this tragedy seems to be too much even for her. He does not know what exactly happened during the night between Myriel and her but he understands true love when he sees it and this one has just been destroyed. Like a beautiful rose violently ripped out of the soil. Looking into the woman's eyes he can see her heart bleed and the anger slowly turning into despair.

Tears begin to form in the angels eyes as she leans into the man's arms. Gently he begins to rock back and forth holding her carefully. Her black wings disappear as she slowly gives into the embrace. Naamah moves closer and kneels down next to them. She kindly takes her owners hand and caresses the skin, still dirty from the fighting and earth she clawed into during the combat.

"I know it is not the same and I am not meant to take her place but I love you Mistress. You are not alone." The demon whispers.

"You indeed are not alone dear." Semangelof adds. "You still have us and you still have your son." He looks over to the boy and remembers the words he heard during the fight and the information he got from Ashanta.