Unforgiven

From the wastelands that separate the realm of Angels from the realm of Demons walks a black-robed traveler. Hooded and hunched over as if infected or afflicted with some horrible malady the stranger steps with a shuffling gait. A walking stick used to maintain a precarious balance. It's painful to watch, this wanderer, as He makes his way across the desolate plain that roll on into the southern borders of Canaan. The wind is cruel, whipping about the figure with dust and ash. The sun beats down from above, light most foul. Yet it doesn't seem to be able to illuminate the interior of the cowl. The vagabond seems faceless under the hood like a void that has gain feet and mobility.

The Stranger moves at a snail's pace, His labored steps and the click of his walking stick taking metron of distance, piece by piece. There is no pause in the Wanderers movements though. No indication that the being beneath the robes is tiring at all. The pace is maintained as if driven by a machine.

Step, Step, Click... Step, Step, Click... Step, Step, Click...

On and on till another sound comes into play. The flap of powerful wings, two pairs of them in flight. Before the Travelers next step, two Celestial Borders Guards fall from the sky, landing feet first bold and imposing.

"Hold and be recognized." Say one of the Angels, a beautiful thing in golden armor and white garments. In his hand a mace, silver in color and make. Blonde hair, a perfect male face with tan skin and the haughty attitude of being who knows well he is in God's favor. The second Angel could have passed as a close brother to the first, except his hair was Brown and he held a sword instead. The armor and clothing were identical to the other guardian and the aura around this one was of worry and caution. If it was to come to violence, this one would strike first...

"I... am no one. Just a lost soul trying to escape the horrors of Abaddon." said the Traveler. His voice held age and despair in abundance. "I mean no trouble, just seek peace in my final hours. A place where I can lay myself down and bask in the glory of the lord."

"You reek of an Infernal, remove your hood so we can look at you or take not a step no further." Said the Guard with the auburn locks.

The cowled head turned in that one's direction, regarding him from the vail of darkness beneath. "You are such a creature of beauty. You would never hide your face. I, on the other hand, am a sight to behold. Misshapen in your lustrous eyes, spare me the embarrassment of showing you what horror lies within the folds. Give me my humility, allow me to keep my shame to myself?"

The words were spoken as if they were from a Shakespearean actor. Pulling on the figurative harp strings of the two Angelics before the Nomad. Weapons dip ever so slightly as faces that were always filled with grace turned to look at each other, passing a silent form of communication. Like whispers at the very edge of hearing. As one they turn back towards the Traveler, the blonde speaking first.

"There is no beauty from where you come from, it is understandable that your visage may be abhorrent, but it is the price that must be paid at the cost of your humility. Forgive us our duty, but we must insist, remove your hood so we can look at you or take not a step no further."

The hooded figure turns its not-gaze back to the blonde and nods slowly. The walking stick released, yet it does not fall to the ground. It stays up and straight is if still held and the Wanderers' hands rise to the edges of the hood. "You are wrong you know, there is beauty within the abyss..."

"Visions of beauty perhaps but that is an illusion. What lies beneath is wretched and ugly, that is the truth of all things born in hell." Says the other Angel.

"I see, then how would you explain... me?" Sadow Ral pulled back his hood and exposed a handsome face that rivaled the fine features of the Angels before him.

"DECEIVER! FOUL DEMON..."

Sadow Ral smiles... "And then some."

From beneath the robes of the Assassin, a skull-shaped from black glassed obsidian falls to the earth. Both Angels track the movement of the object not realizing it's deadly potential. The eyes of the skull ignite, tiny hellfire that comes alive and the jaws start open and closed as the unholy cackling laughter erupts from the mouth. Ral hoofed leg snaps and kicks the hysterical thing forward, launching into the brown-haired Angel's face to devastating effect. Sadow hand shoots forward and grabs the links of the long chain that the wailing skull is tethered to, yanking it back and spinning himself in a complete three hundred and sixty-degree turn. The skull follows the pull of its wielder coming around in a long wide arc and finally comes to rest against the side of the other Angel's head caving that in just as it did the face moments before.

The Hand of Lucifer snaps his wrist and pulls in the weapons who's laughter having seemingly subsided. The skull once against disappears with the folds of the black robe and Sadow Ral looks upon the aftermath of his vicious craft. The first victim took the impact right in the face and was completely launched head over hell to land awkwardly on its shoulder blade. The second Celestial head snapped oddly to the right and stayed, the side completely pulverized as blood and matter leaked from within. The Assassin doubted either of the Beings had any idea what just happened to them before their light had been snuffed out. A smile of satisfaction crept across the Killer's features as he covered his head again and took up the still standing walking stick.

"Besides as we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Said the wanderer as he strode past the dying creatures without a care. "For instance, I think you two look absolutely... lovely."

Step, Step, Click... Step, Step, Click... Step, Step, Click...